Fire Mountain Gems and Beads
www.firemountaingems.com Grants Pass, OR 500 to 999 Employees

It's one of the only places to work in this city.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Grants Pass, OR

I worked at Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

ProsFMG is large, which means it has a lot of positions you could fill. It's also recession-proof, as people who are laid off try to make money by selling jewelry made from FMG components.

ConsThe professional advancement seems to be based on arbitrary criteria - it's not based on skill or effort. The pay is horrendously low in accordance with industry standards (my new job pays TWICE what FMG paid and it's still not at the industry standard)

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't blame you for paying so little to your employees, as you can obviously get away with it, being the only major employer in Grants Pass, but as soon as another large company comes along, I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge number of resignations. Get your act together before it's too late.

Fire Mountain Gems is a terrible place to work. Work at your own risk.

I have been working at Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Pros: Free turkey and/or holiday gift card pay check Company picnic Sure, the pay is not… Cons: Company thrives on Micromanagement of their employees You don't get paid to think, just do and shut up. Absolutely does not care about employees or their families.… Advice to Senior Management: The bottom line is simple. If Fire Mountain Gems treated their employees better it would be a better place to work. Treat your employees as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Expect hard labor for low pay, some poor work enviorments, standards are not equal for everyone doing the same work.

Material Handler (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Pros: Benifits if you make it.(Vacation Paid Holidays) Medical. Working indoors if you like it very warm. Clean… Cons: No hazard pay for working at levels up to 45ft and lifting heavy boxes all day. Disorganized inventory, extremley difficult to find product. Most employees are always… Advice to Senior Management: Make standard plans and stick to it. Treat employees like people, not drones. Learn what priviate means. LIsten to employes suggestions it may benefit the company. Sitting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.

Worked for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fire Mountain Gems and Beads reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads CEO Chris and Stuart Freedman. All reviews posted anonymously by Fire Mountain Gems and Beads employees.