There are newer employer reviews for FireEye

chaotic development environment

I worked at FireEye full-time

Pros

The novel idea of running the sandbox in VM.

Cons

Sandbox in VM idea will catch up sooner or later with competitors if proven to be beneficial.
Minimal/no engineering documentation, for some explanations you get a drawing on a whiteboard, if you are lucky.
The first level management is clueless about coding, architectures. Good at navigating the product GUI though, some Linux administration, network skills.
No peers code reviews, just "make it work". This resulted in poor designs that needs to be maintained.
Engineering communication is minimal, reduced to the work at hand. Even this is hard, for some because of their personalities, for others because of their English.
The management thinks that is protecting their IP by preventing the engineers knowing more then what they need to do for their current work, you don't get a chance to broaden your perspective.
The development process looks more like "putting off fires", what ever fires are burning at the time.

There is more than just trust the (few) engineers to manage a product, an environment where people can contribute to designs and ideas would help.

reviews filtered by

Awesome place but a geekfest

I worked at FireEye

Pros

True innovation at it finest. Ashar and team nailed one of the most important problems in computer science. Feels like you are taking over the world.

Cons

Ugh, if or God's sake, it's in Milpitas.

Ok, some you need a haircut. But seriously, publish more imformation regarding the awful malware that really is out there. Help people understand and coach them in what to do. Here I am referring to the world at large.

2. Great Technology and an even more Great time to be a part of FireEye

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Specialist in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Marketing Specialist in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at FireEye full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm one of those few lucky people who loves their job. There is a saying "If you love what you do then you never work a day in your life". This is very true in my case. I have been part of FireEye for few months now and I'm loving it. The company treats you really well in terms of respect and provides you all the resource you need to excel in your job.

There is a very steep learning curve once you join here and you get to put across your ideas. The management is very supportive and receptive to new ideas. The technology is amazing and literally has no competition.

My boss is by far the best person I've ever come across in my life. She has been very supportive and guides me during all times. I get to work on great projects and learn new things literally everyday.

FireEye has the best benefits structure in the market and if you are a deserving candidate then the recruitment team will not leave any stone unturned for you.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Please keep up the good work and support us all the way you do always.

There are newer employer reviews for FireEye