There are newer employer reviews for FireEye

Bleeding Edge Tech, Motivated Folk and Growing Pains

Current Employee - Some Guy In Engineering in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Some Guy In Engineering in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Smart, motivated co-workers who take pride in their work and in the product. Company invests in headcount and equipment and in keeping the employees happy. Bleeding edge tech that competitors are still trying to catch up to. Perks are nice, but are icing on the cake. Environment, teammates, and belief in the product are what matter most.

Cons

Growing pains as stated above. Company is shedding the vestiges of it's pre-IPO startup days but is still not there in terms of having mature processes and documentation where it needs to. Long hours and high work output are expected of you. This is no place for slackers or those who want to coast (this of course could belong in Pros. Facilities are crowded due to the explosive growth, but they are planning on ameliorating this shortly.

Advice to Management

Keep keeping employees in the loop on what is going on with the company. Transparency is always golden. Knowing what the short-term and long-term roadmaps are, give us something to shoot for.

FireEye Response

Aug 12, 2014Talent Acquisition Representative

Thanks for taking the time to post on our page. We are glad that you are enjoying the environment, teammates, and belief in the product here at FireEye. Remember to tell your friends to come work ... More

reviews filtered by

Start Up to UpStart

I have been working at FireEye full-time (more than a year)

Pros

HUGE growth which means lots of potential to move up. Pay is good, stock isn't what it used to be but this is a job where you can network for the rest of your career!

Cons

Institutional inconsistencies mean promotion processes aren't consistent and can be infuriating. Silicon Valley mentality of "work comes first" and hard to justify normal hours (ie check your email at 10pm before going to bed or you'll answer in the morning)

Sr. SW QA Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. The technology that we work on is awesome. You get to learn a lot and the team is very hard working and always on their toes.
    2. Free lunch everyday and breakfast on some days of the week.
    3. Release parties, hackathon and lot of fun activities.

Cons

1. The on-boarding process can be improved.

Advice to Management

1. WFH on one day of the week should be introduced.

FireEye Response

Aug 12, 2014Talent Acquisition Representative

We appreciate your review and we are happy to hear you are enjoying the fun activities that we are putting on. Remember to participate in our employee referral program, as we are always looking for ... More

There are newer employer reviews for FireEye