Very good company

I have been working at FireHost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great at sharing ideas and teamwork

Cons

Serve big lunches that are too much to handle sometimes

Employ more people!

Other Reviews for FireHost

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FireHost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unique market position, rapid and exciting change. New SLT investing in the right ares and making huge strides to build the company the correct way.

Cons

Incredible workload, but expected in fast growing startups.

Continue investing in the right places, place heavy bets on quality innovations in Security.

FireHost Response

Aug 14, 2014CEO

Thanks for offering the feedback. Our customers face difficult challenges with their data and application security requirements. We take our mission to serve this need very seriously and we feel ... More

Practicing What They Preach - An Exercise In Outstanding Business Ethics

Current Employee - Onboarding  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Onboarding in Richardson, TX

I have been working at FireHost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Those who've been in hosting have all experienced it. This job is great, but....That job has this or that, but....The reality is, the hosting industry as a whole has various stages of adequacy when it comes to how they treat their employees, from lack-luster to almost the ideal job, but every hosting company I've worked for falls short of the mark. By far, I believe FireHost leads the pack in providing outstanding work conditions and a true family atmosphere. When I first heard of FireHost from a buddy, I was absolutely convinced he was full of hot air. The benefits, culture and the management he lauded seemed too good to be true. After his praises became even more frequent and he encouraged me to apply, I started to become intrigued. Surely there was a catch, there was definitely a but....scenario about something in this company. I applied, interviewed, and was hired! The atmosphere and quality of people FireHost acquired blew my mind. Everyone I met was intelligent, knew the industry and was very personable. People got to know me and wanted me to be a part of the team. What's more, our C-Level executives practiced the same thing. I was recognized by name, engaged on company and personal discussions and really felt like I was important. The work of an IT professional is never easy, but though we have had tiresome days I have never felt that what I was doing was grueling work. Every opportunity to show up to work has been mutually beneficial for my professional growth and the betterment of the company. In addition to all of this, there is a career path within the company that is unlike anything I have experienced before. Typically I have seen only vertical promotion in most of IT, but with FireHost you have the opportunity to move wherever your talents suit you and the company. On top of that, their benefits are superb! What more could you truly ask for than the best place on earth to work? So far, there haven't been any but....moments about working for FireHost. I really, truly love FireHost. Why? Because FireHost truly loves and takes care of all of their employees.

Cons

FireHost bleeds excellence. If there is a single con, it's that you have to be on your A-Game all the time. That's not to say that you don't have leeway, but FireHost is high paced and requires a level of adaptability that some find challenging to keep up with. If you want a desk job that doesn't require much of you, than FireHost is probably not the place to be. A pro within a con is that while the company is high paced, you are rewarded in recognition and promotion for that high level of achievement.

The great thing about FireHost is that people are promoted to management positions that truly care about the culture and quality of the company. When you have that, your management staff are constantly evaluating and reevaluating their performance and how they can best serve the company and allow their employees to serve their best. That's what we have. An encouragement to management is to always maintain that level of self-evaluation and willingness to adapt. With that, we will ascend to greater heights of excellence than we now know.

FireHost Response

Aug 14, 2014CEO

Thank you for offering the feedback and the work you do to serve our customers. Protecting our customers starts with the onboarding process and we are fortunate to have a great team of dedicated ... More

There are newer employer reviews for FireHost.

Worked for FireHost? Contribute to the Community!