Firecrest Clinical

www.firecrestclinical.com
  www.firecrestclinical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Firecrest Clinical

Avoid the hassel and location

I worked at Firecrest Clinical

Pros

Some of my co-workers were great, intelligent people whom enjoy working and playing hard.
There were two great senior managers whom got things done, but they left

Cons

It is sad when all you can think about your time with a company was the shared suffering you and your peers went through. Its easy to be bitter about spending time there, however thats not as easy about listing the facts.
1. Underpaid for the time your commit
2. Begrudging of any investment made in IT services (for an internet based company this is weird)
3. A senior technical manager has a dictatorial style. I had to stand up to them as its not my nature to be submissive. However there are many people under them that feel oppressed
4. A lot of the really good tallent has departed for better places. This leaves a massive knowledge gap with the remain people serving their time or awaiting a pension.
5. In my experience, decisions were made and changed and made again and changed and made.... you get the drift.
6. The internal jockey for power between most of senior management left staff confused and destroyed team relationships
7. A lot of lip service paid to team building, but its largely cosmetic and no real action comes of it
8. Innovation, yes that buzz word is bandied about like toys at a kids birthday party. For real innovation to work, you must reward and support the innovators and not make their working life more difficult.
9. The Killed the Messenger!

All in all, if you are stuck for a job as I was, and have a strong personality, you could hack it for a year or two, but by all means keep learning your trade with whatever time you get, as if you left there without doing anything you will be considered to have down skilled.

Start to really put weight behind people whom drive internal innovation. Stop the power plays between senior managers. Split teams up around the building to encourage team feel across the board. Get rid of the massive pile of dead, crazy and unstable wood sitting in IT

9 Other Employee Reviews for Firecrest Clinical (View Most Recent)

A job more than a part of any career.

I worked at Firecrest Clinical

Pros

Co-workers were great to be around, and as a small company communication was easy. Most directors for example, were approachable and interested in getting things done. The board was relatively open and regularly communicated the status of the company, and were not limited to reporting only the good things.

Cons

As with all niche companies resources were limited, which affected the scope for growth within any field. This made day-to-day life more repetitive than interesting. Management attitudes and style were of the sort not seen in larger concerns. The pay was lower than at other, similarly-sized companies.

What you thought was unattainable is possible with Firecrest!

Current Employee - Portal Administrator in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Portal Administrator in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

I have been working at Firecrest Clinical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

That idyllic work environment we all seek - working with vibrant, enthusiastic, friendly people actually exists here. To enjoy coming in to work every day has been an eye opener for me in the two years I have worked in Firecrest.

The unspoken rule is work hard, play hard. Hard work is rewarded and internal promotion is actively encouraged. The work is fast paced but there is always support from your team and manager, creating a very positive atmosphere.

Additionally, to balance the fast pace, a healthy lifestyle is encouraged, with subsidised personal training sessions available during working hours. This has made a huge difference to me personally and something I have never seen promoted by a company before.

Two years ago, I thought I was joining a large company yet it has doubled in size since then and continues to grow. However, the friendly, positive dynamic has never wavered.

The staff and management have made this company a fantastic place to work and I'm very happy to be a part of it.

Cons

There are no cons working in Firecrest.

There are newer employer reviews for Firecrest Clinical