Great Company, Good Family Feel

Former Employee - Supervisor in Conway, AR
Former Employee - Supervisor in Conway, AR

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Locally owned. Great chance to grow with management. Good chance to grow with coporate.

Cons

Have to stay with the company a while for promotions.

Advice to Management

Train employees and they will stay loyal.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Your standard sandwich shop.

Former Employee - Team Member in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Team Member in Plano, TX

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The sandwich choices were somewhat innovative, and for the most part, co-workers were very easy to get along with. I really enjoyed the management at my store.

Cons

As with any minimum wage job, the work can get very monotonous. Further, I never sensed like there was really anywhere to go past being a team member — it was kind of a clock-in, clock-out job.

Advice to Management

Keep making good food!

2. Firehouse Subs can be a fun and demanding environment.

Former Employee - Team Member in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Team Member in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Down-to-earth co-workers and manager
    -TVs are in the stores (slow day, just sit around in the back or watch tv up front)

Cons

I guess it varies with each owner but from my experience:

-Minimum wage
    -Sometimes have to work overtime
    -Rush hour is the worse time especially when you have to make sub platters on top of that
    -Customers can be rude
    -Barely any business at all but the store remains open (my town was on a hurricane watch/warning so the streets were a ghost town. only a few customers came. Still the owners want the store to remain open. Time went by so slooow.
    -Scheduled to open at 10:30am buuut so out of town customers came by around 9 and pleaded to let them in. So one of the owners (whom everybody can't stand at times, but she' a "sweet" lady, too pushy/overboard) allowed them in. Sure enough more customers arrived. Whe didn't catch a break until around 11 (which is the time other employees are scheduled to come in). Break didn't last long because 11 is lunch time and rush hour doesn't end until around 3pm.
    -If you work the night shift: shipment of supplies come once or twice a week. You do not want to be there when the truck comes. If you're still there closing up the store then you'll have to label and put everything up. Sometimes the truck shows up right on closing time :(
    -Last minute customers; some even choose to dine-in and take their sweet precious time. One time a customer (who had a heart attack there a week prior) came back, at the last minute. We were nice at first, but 2 hours later after closing time, he's still there with his companions. Everyone's done closing their station except me, I'm almost done. I had to wait for them to finish so I could wipe down their table, sweep and mop the area around them...

Advice to Management

Do a routine check-up