There are newer employer reviews for Firehouse Subs

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Hattiesburg, MS
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Owner was very nice and was always willing to help if i needed it. The work environment was very pleasant and I always enjoyed going in to work. The work hours were flexible as i was able to set my own hours, which was helpful being that i was a full time student.

Cons

There are no cons about working here

reviews filtered by
  1. Minimal efforts towards Employee Retention

Former Employee - Management in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Management in Denver, CO

I worked at Firehouse Subs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Area Representatives of all of the Colorado locations will treat you with the utmost respect, they were the best two people I have ever had the privilege of working with but you will likely never get the chance to work with them as I did. The hours were fantastic, the peers (at multiple locations) quickly became friends outside of work, and you will meet and learn about people in your community while getting to make them a delicious meal. The store I worked in volunteered to it's community and fire departments quite often, I enjoyed that.

Cons

Store owners:
    Will treat you like you are a waste of their time behind your back and voice it to other employees. Employee ideas went threw one ear and out the other, even the great ones.

The job:
    You will be short-staffed at the most crucial moments of every day and overstaffed during all other hours, the owners will argue with their "numbers". Every week you will be delegated additional tasks without any compensation, recognition, or thanks. No benefits, unless you are the Store Manager, or unless you count the 50% discounted one meal a benefit -It's not. If you somehow manage to meet the expectations of an owner, you may see a 25 cent raise annually. The pay caps at only a dollar above minimum wage for anyone below Shift-leader status and increases by -if you're lucky- another dollar per promotion. Don't waste your time, burger-flippers are paid better wages.

I worked for two different locations, over a span of four years.

Advice to Management

Company culture starts at the top. If you treat your employees poorly they will treat you poorly. I hope you can change how you effect others and quickly.

2. A good first job

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time

Pros

The discount on subs, if your manager is friendly he might even give you free subs. When it is not that busy and everything is clean/prepped, it passes the time to watch the tv's. The people I worked with were very friendly and are still my friends.

Cons

When it is busy it can be a little overwhelming. You have to be prepared to work very fast and efficiently without making any mistakes.
    As a seasonal worker, there was hardly any room for me to get a raise.

There are newer employer reviews for Firehouse Subs