There are newer employer reviews for Firehouse Subs

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Hattiesburg, MS
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for more than a year

Pros

Owner was very nice and was always willing to help if i needed it. The work environment was very pleasant and I always enjoyed going in to work. The work hours were flexible as i was able to set my own hours, which was helpful being that i was a full time student.

Cons

There are no cons about working here

83 Other Employee Reviews for Firehouse Subs (View Most Recent)

Minimal efforts towards Employee Retention

Former Employee - Management  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Management in Denver, CO

I worked at Firehouse Subs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Area Representatives of all of the Colorado locations will treat you with the utmost respect, they were the best two people I have ever had the privilege of working with but you will likely never get the chance to work with them as I did. The hours were fantastic, the peers (at multiple locations) quickly became friends outside of work, and you will meet and learn about people in your community while getting to make them a delicious meal. The store I worked in volunteered to it's community and fire departments quite often, I enjoyed that.

Cons

Store owners:
    Will treat you like you are a waste of their time behind your back and voice it to other employees. Employee ideas went threw one ear and out the other, even the great ones.

The job:
    You will be short-staffed at the most crucial moments of every day and overstaffed during all other hours, the owners will argue with their "numbers". Every week you will be delegated additional tasks without any compensation, recognition, or thanks. No benefits, unless you are the Store Manager, or unless you count the 50% discounted one meal a benefit -It's not. If you somehow manage to meet the expectations of an owner, you may see a 25 cent raise annually. The pay caps at only a dollar above minimum wage for anyone below Shift-leader status and increases by -if you're lucky- another dollar per promotion. Don't waste your time, burger-flippers are paid better wages.

I worked for two different locations, over a span of four years.

Company culture starts at the top. If you treat your employees poorly they will treat you poorly. I hope you can change how you effect others and quickly.

Former General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Firehouse Subs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ok salary, Free Food, Shift leaders, Culture. I was promoted from entry level position to general manager in 18 months.

Cons

Senior management feels as though shift leaders are more imoprtant than general managers. Minimum 50 hour work week requirement.
    Budget restraints are ridiculous sometimes (i.e. you have to have three shift leaders and have to have 7 employees working during lunch, yet they lower your labor budget)
    System is inefficient compared with Subway. (need more employees to run the same sales)

Understand that managers need time off and a healthy work/personal life balance. Its ok if a manager works 60 hours one week and 40 the next, sometimes they need to run errands.

There are newer employer reviews for Firehouse Subs

Worked for Firehouse Subs? Contribute to the Community!