Firehouse Subs

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Firehouse Subs

Crew Member

I worked at Firehouse Subs

Pros

The staff was great and the job duties was fairly easy.

Cons

No room for advancement opportunities

Give your stronger team members what there actually worth, it'll make them stick around more

111 Other Employee Reviews for Firehouse Subs (View Most Recent)

Always good food but horrible bosses, at least while I was there.

Former Employee - Cashier in South Daytona, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in South Daytona, FL

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The discounted subs were the only joy I got out of working there!

Cons

There was no professionalism and I was fired because of a schedule change while I was out of town. I was fired over the phone and worst of all by another crew member at about ten o'clock at night!

Make sure you are evaluating your store managers thoroughly and enforcing your rules and regulation on whether to for someone or not and that they are being professionals at all times.

Not pleasant experience

Former Employee - Cashier (Full-time and Part-time) in Waterford, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier (Full-time and Part-time) in Waterford, MI

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discount on sandwhiches, the first couple weeks of being opened got lots of hours, first 3 days of being opened got free sandwhiches, flexible with time off, paying more then 7.40 as a cashier, general manager(owner) celebrated people's birthdays with cake, brought in donuts everyday, Got to interact with different customers everyday. At one time my General manager said I was one of the best workers:), and not one single complaint about me. Very good sandwhiches. Very clean environment, co-workers were friendly, The donation back to the local firefighters and community is a very good idea,

Cons

Not flexible with going to college full time, gave all hours to full time employees and not giving me hours bc I'm going to school full time, general manager always nit picking at what I did and nothing was every good enough, general manager would put stress on me and tell me I need to interact with the customers which I always did and always had a nice conversation with each customer, when I was talking to customers somebody would always call my name bc somebody else needs to be taken care of at the register when one of the shift managers or GM could of taken care of it, Cashier was a stressful job and people would tell u to do something but never could get around to it bc I got so busy. Only one cashier working each day so had to clean dinning room, bathrooms and restock everything on my own and something that wasn't good enough
    There is no room for expansion. Was a very hard worker and nothing was good enough. Even when the lobby looked awesome. And at first the cashiers had to count their own drawer which sucked. Have only been open since May 2013 so we kept losing people bc subway and jimmy johns are cheaper. Was only trained on cashier and I got bored and it was getting old fast bc of repeating yourself over and over again.

Need to learn how to manage a place and need experience. Don't favor the guys and actually show it. Quit making it stressful for the cashier or anybody else by talking to them about numbers and the business, Learn how to not just stop scheduling people(and not fired or quit) he just stopped scheduling me and another person. General Manager loves doing that and then eventually since u did nothing wrong he will fire you and actually send you an email of termination. So maybe learn how to communicate with people. And if someone wants to be cross trained and (talked to GM about it)on everything then cross train them and don't leave them hanging but then you go ahead and cross train everybody else. Learn how to manage people. At least they are willing to learn. Realize that other people aren't doing their job, and not have people waving the sign outside by the road bc it doesn't always bring in business plus I think it shows we are desperate for business.

There are newer employer reviews for Firehouse Subs