Decent money and work environment, higher level managers are arrogant. It's a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Server  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Server in New York, NY

I have been working at Fireman hospitality group

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, consistent money, good restaurant locations. It's a restaurant job and I work in a position with high turnover so it's understandable that they aren't very interested in developing servers within the company. I do feel that if I wanted to become a manager, I would have the opportunity to do so.

Cons

They aren't very flexible as far as decor, uniform, work culture. They prefer a very rigid, boring environment for their employees. It's not readily apparent that people of color are hired equally regularly.

Relax and associate with the servers better.

Other Reviews for Fireman hospitality group

Ever changing environment

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Fireman hospitality group part-time for more than a year

Pros

The restaurants owned by Fireman hospitality group are great. They are pretty unique and the food is delicious. You will have no problem selling the product. They are generous with the customers, giving away free goodies, so the servers benefit a lot. I made more money as a server at their restaurants than I have at any other restaurant I have worked at. They train you thoroughly too. No matter how much experience you have had in the restaurant industry they make sure that you can do things their way. That being said I feel like I learned a lot.

Cons

The owner scares me. The good thing is that he does not visit his restaurants too often. When he does all employees are on edge and everything must be perfect. He can be nice, he has just invested so much money into his restaurants he wants things to be very particular. Another thing that was a bother is that things change a lot. For example the management will tell you to do food presentation one way and then the next week it completely changes. It is never anything too major, but the constant changes get a little bothersome.

Horrible management, no core values, illegal practices

I worked at Fireman hospitality group

Pros

No pros for employees. They are all treated like slaves and animals

Cons

Illegal hiring. Discrimination based on age, race, etc all discussed openly. Managers abuse power ie drink on the job. Corporate officials have full knowledge of happenings.

There are newer employer reviews for Fireman hospitality group.

Worked for Fireman hospitality group? Contribute to the Community!