Fireman's Fund Insurance

www.firemansfund.com

Very good experience at FFIC - would highly recommend working here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Novato, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Pros

The work environment and the people at Fireman's are terrific. The senior management definitely cares about the rank and file employee and shows it. The work-life balance is openly discussed and promoted. There are a number of opportunities for team building, personal and professional growth both internally and with external coursework.

Cons

The raises were sparse...despite good profits and avoiding some large natural disaster payouts. They seem to want to reward via bonuses which are not terribly good either, rather than boost base pay. Would definitely hold out and get what you want for pay before signing on.

Other reviews for Fireman's Fund Insurance

Great Experience

Former Employee - Appraisal Advisor  in  Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Appraisal Advisor in Novato, CA

Pros

The Brand and the Heritage Program

Cons

Moving jobs out of California

I didn't work there for all that long, but I did like the company.

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in New York, NY

Pros

The claims staff was professional. My supervisor was really nice, helpful and approachable. I was hired to deal with a particularly difficult attorney who handled all cases for the Insured. An unusual situation for claims in the area. The work was good but the attorney was terrible to deal with. After I left the company, I got a call from our attorney who was so delighted to tell me that the Insured's personal attorney had been fired. I only left because I was offered a cushy job, much closer to home, working for a Supreme Court judge.

Cons

There were no real cons specific to Fireman's Fund. I had an unusual case load. Fireman's Fund was fine.

There are newer employer reviews for Fireman's Fund Insurance.

Worked for Fireman's Fund Insurance? Contribute to the Community!