First Acceptance Corporation
www.firstacceptancecorp.com Nashville, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Pay is decent for Agents, benefits are not great, environment is stressful

I have been working at First Acceptance Corporation full-time

ProsPay is decent, provides a mini medical plan which is better than nothing, PTO is generous, very customer focused which is good. As an agent, I can call underwriting and get an issues fixed right away, which is great. My DM is very accessible and knows a lot about the industry.

ConsFor a sales job, there is too much focus placed on redundant reports (as an agent, I complete 15 reports a week), and a lot of emphasis placed on non-sales generating activity, but the company expects a lot of sales. Training is sub-standard. Company does not care to hear suggestions from the field. I get about a million emails a day and that gets old quick too.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees by providing them with ongoing training. Provide a way for field employees to submit suggestions (other than to the DM). Out here in the field, we feel like numbers rather than people. We know we can be replaced, but we don't need to be reminded of this on a daily basis. Investing in products and services is great, but investing in your salespeople is important too. Also, consider changing pay structure and job title for CSR's, they are even more unappreciated than us agents are, which is why there is such high turnover for CSR's.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at First Acceptance Corporation full-time

Pros: Friendly staff and Great management Cons: Benefits could be much better Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good pay if you enjoy high pressure sales

Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at First Acceptance Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good pay structure for agents, slight flexability in schedule Cons: Weekends are required, CSR's not always paid enough, high pressure… Advice to Senior Management: More focus on what customers need and less focus on just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on First Acceptance Corporation.

Worked for First Acceptance Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Acceptance Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Acceptance Corporation CEO Mark Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by First Acceptance Corporation employees.