First Acceptance Corporation

www.firstacceptancecorp.com
  www.firstacceptancecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Acceptance Corporation

Some fine people have worked for this company over the years. Too bad they left.

Current Employee - Employee in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at First Acceptance Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck (don't count on raises or cost of living). You get PTO (will help when you start looking for a new job). Minimal amount of micromanaging, but then again the company is just leaving the 20th Century when it comes to technology.

Cons

Upper management is controlled by majority stock holder. Upper management lacks any ethics or morals. Upper management has had no qualms taking substantial yearly bonuses while wages have been frozen for years. Poor morale in all offices. Benefits are sub-par for industry.

Realize who's backs you are riding on. It wasn't your hard work that made this company profitable.

17 Other Employee Reviews for First Acceptance Corporation (View Most Recent)

Get paid more to deal with more BS!

I have been working at First Acceptance Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay. Florida Agent pay is great. Region 2 manager is great, he's helpful and seems genuinely concerned most of the time.

Cons

CSR pay is terrible, CSRs never get raises and they do most of the physical work as they are the ones left in the office on a daily basis to do EVERYTHING while the agent is out marketing and bringing in the business.
    Hours- when hired they tell you you'll only work 1-2 Saturdays a month, now it's required that everyone is there EVERY Saturday. There are months of blackout periods in which you are not allowed to request or take PTO. I see my family about an hour each day M-Sa.
    Clients- A lot of clients are rude, unappreciative, and MEAN.
    Product- the company boasts a great product but their rates are the highest in the state, the coverage that they push their agents/CSRs to sell is below state minimum requirements. Even if we try to push better or higher limits, our rates are not competitive.
    Management- for the most part the company is very disorganized and one manager will tell you one thing and the next will tell you something else. You never really know what's going on.
    Co-workers- many of the agents/CSRs and even some of the DMs are uneducated and unprofessional. The emails that they send out corporate wide are at a 6th grade writing/grammar/content level.
    Tax preparation- while it was a solid shot in the dark to incorporate tax preparation into our job duties, it's a halfway attempt. The agents/CSRs are unprepared, nervous and already bogged down with a bigger work load during the tax season.
    Software- I'm not sure what the excuse is for the software used at this company but it's absurd! We're still using an old DOS program called AS400! I'm assuming it's cheaper to keep this program and not upgrade but it makes our daily duties harder, more time consuming, billing and endorsements are CONSTANTLY incorrect and we're limited to what we can do to a policy compared to more standard insurance policy management systems.
    Advertisement- I'm all for agents marketing using B2B and face to face concepts but it's almost 2014 and they are just now getting TV commercials in Florida. Stop wasting time on 'stickies' that do NOT stick and instead litter parking lots and anger people whose cars we're touching without their consent and in parking lots we're constantly ran out of!!
    Benefits- we recently completed benefit reelections and OMG... they told us how excited we should be about the changes to come etc etc... Guess what?! Our health insurance benefits have decreased and our premiums have DOUBLED!!!! I had to go from an 80/20 plan to a 70/30 plan just to be able to take home a paycheck and I'm still paying $30ish more per pay period!

Stop micromanaging and start listening to your agents and CSRs! Training needs to be more consistent and thorough. Florida is your biggest money maker, please make it easier for agents/CSRs to sell a decent product and not bullied into selling PIP/PD policies with add-ons just so we can make goal. Please consider a software upgrade for the policy management system! Company moral is low, low, LOW, we feel overworked and tricked into working so much while corporate taunts the 'be at work and reap the benefits' phrase. I'm sorry, family is more important and we should be allowed at LEAST rotating Saturdays, please!

Management has no concern for the employees

I worked at First Acceptance Corporation full-time

Pros

There are some good dedicated long term employees there.

Cons

Poor Management, they don't communicate or have any concern for their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for First Acceptance Corporation