First American Payment Systems

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Good company to work for full of knowledgable, tenured, employees. Located downtown. Good benefits.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities because people rarely leave (Good and bad....) pay is a little low, but so is the stress.

18 Other Employee Reviews for First American Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

OK Company to work for

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, yearly bonus plan in place and consistently pay outs except for this year

Cons

Promotion availability, training, management buddy system

Be more involved, be straight forward, stop showing favoritism

Great company, but going down hill quickly

Current Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

1. People - I have worked at FAPS for many years now and the great people are what keeps me coming to work everyday. Some of my best friends I have met here.
    2. Health - gym membership reimbursement
    3. Tuition reimbursement - they pay up to 5500$ a year, but they recently changed the policy to only pay 100% for receiving "A's", B's are only 50%.
    4. PTO - For one of us that have been here a long time, getting 4 weeks of PTO plus sick and floating days is a lot

Cons

1. Stability - The stability has been going downhill very rapidly over the past 3 years.
             - No raises for 2014 = they cancelled all raises for the first time since I have been apart of this company. They announced this just before Christmas, after most us had already purchased presents for our kids. We rely on cost of living increases.
             - Bonus - there have been many whispers of the Bonus running between 25-50% normal, and some saying there might not be a bonus at all. For the past 5 years, the bonus has not been 100%, but never this bad. This has a lot of people nervous and considering there options with the company moving forward.
            - Hiring freeze = usually a hiring freeze goes into effect at the end of the year and falls off at the beginning of the year, this year we started out on one, which is putting a ton of pressure on us, since a lot of backfills are not getting filled either. We are having to tell our teams to work longer hours to make up for less people.
    2. Family relations among management - there are way to many father/daughter/son and Husband/Wife connections at FAPS. Over the years we have seen these affect the business in a negative way. There is a reason this is frowned upon in other companies.
    3. IT Systems - We constantly are having issues with our applications crashing or having errors. The computers also reboot for no reason, which sets us back hours in some cases because you can't save your work in these applications. Email and phones also do not work on a frequent basis. Can't communicate without these working. The IT Department has a very turnover rate is what we get told is the reason for theses issues.

Listen to your employees. We have great ideas, especially on fixing known constraints, but get brushed off. Be more upfront with us, with whispers of the company being for sale again, everyone is nervous.

There are newer employer reviews for First American Payment Systems