There are newer employer reviews for First Citizens BancShares

A strong company that is trying to keep pace with growth/expansion

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at First Citizens BancShares

Pros

Initially get 3.5 weeks of paid time off to use how you like Solid company that will be around for a long time Ability to work remotely Senior Management keeps open communication with employees on direction/goals

Cons

Raises/Increases can be considerably low even if Evaluation is good Not flexible with working remotely More maturity needed in project management & production support process/procedures

Advice to Management

More focus on flexibilty to work remotely and the maturing of the project management and production support processes and procedures would really help the IT department be able to handle more projects /initiatives.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative I in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative I in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at First Citizens BancShares

Pros

Room for advancement, great management, super benefits, cares about their customers as well as theri employees

Cons

There are no downsides to working here.

Advice to Management

Kee up thr good work.

2. Stable Position, Not Much Opportunity for Growth/Advancement

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at First Citizens BancShares

Pros

Financially sound. Relaxed work environment. Good co-workers. Good balance between work/family life. Base salary is pretty good for the area.

Cons

Outside of base salary, benefits are not that great - medical coverage is actually pretty expensive compared to other places I've worked. Merit increases are paltry (less than 3%) considering that they have all this cash on hand. No bonus. I can't speak for other positions, but in my case there is no room for advancement. If I were to stay at FCB for the next 20 years, I'd probably be doing the same thing then that I do now. Some people may like that, but for me I need something more challenging and exciting. Technology is a bit behind the times. We JUST got upgraded to Office 2007 on our workstations. And many co-workers still have huge CRT monitors at their desks (circa 1995).

Advice to Management

Offer employees more incentives to want to stick around. Small merit increases aren't going to cut it for young professionals who want a challenging career.