First Citizens BancShares

www.firstcitizens.com
  www.firstcitizens.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Citizens BancShares

I learned a lot and enjoyed my experience while working for First Citizens.

Former Employee - Float Teller in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Float Teller in Raleigh, NC

I worked at First Citizens BancShares

Pros

-Very personable Corporate team that care about the wellbeing of employees.

Cons

-Locations are limited as far as corporate positions go.

61 Other Employee Reviews for First Citizens BancShares (View Most Recent)

Frst Citizens Bank is a GREAT place to work. I continue to refer friends here....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at First Citizens BancShares

Pros

First Citizens offers a very good work life balance. In a time were banks are laying off people in droves and posting bad numbers, FCB is posting great numbers and hiring! For positions that are applicable, they offer flexible schedules and a great benefits package. I feel really fortunate to work for a company that allows me to have success at work, but not at the sacrifice of my family. I will occasionally "work" in the evenings, but it is not something tha is expected.

Cons

Pay may not be competative for people who have been here a long time. Internal spending is very "tight". Not a lot of room in the budget for external career development like confrences and such.
    Most positions, inclunding sales do not offer incentive or bonuses.

Offer more competative salary increases to internal employees and offer bonus and incentive options.

This was my first experience with a smaller regional bank that was still operated by the family that founded it.

Former Employee - Financial Services Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Financial Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at First Citizens BancShares

Pros

More of a family type atmosphere and doesn't seem to have the high pressure sales environment that is present at larger banks. The bank is smaller so therefore you feel like you are dealing with "people" in the corporate office instead of a "department. The bank is somewhat selective on their customers, meaning that they place value on not taking on customers that fit the parameters they are looking for.

Cons

Because it is a smaller bank the biggest downside is that they are far behind on technology and processes that are left to outdated methods. First Citizens is also the last to come into a market and they spend very little on marketing from what I can see. Most of the employees are just content with their jobs and there seems to be very little drive or aspirations to advance your career within the organization.

Invest in new technology, and more aggressive marketing. Try to introduce some sort of commission structure.

There are newer employer reviews for First Citizens BancShares