First Citizens Bancorporation

There are newer employer reviews for First Citizens Bancorporation

Pleasant, banal

Former Employee - Teller II in Florence, SC
Former Employee - Teller II in Florence, SC

I worked at First Citizens Bancorporation part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy going atmosphere, despite the push for sells and referrals. 2 weeks vacation your first year is quite nice, and the benefits kept me there a lot longer.

Cons

No upward movement. Most of my time was spent as a part time employee despite my efforts. The work could be awfully repetitious.

Develop programs for employees to move forward with their careers.

20 Other Employee Reviews for First Citizens Bancorporation (View Most Recent)

Micro management hell.

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Columbia, SC

I worked at First Citizens Bancorporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The vacation time, sick time, and personal time is very good for a company where most of the employees highest education level is High School. You can find a branch near your house in almost every city in SC. Most of the people, minus the executives and middle managers, are very nice. 8-5 and little overtime necessary. All the minor and major holidays off.

Cons

You will do more work than you have ever done in your life and you will not be paid very well for this work. You will never advance. They always hire outside people. Micro management is the normal way of leadership. The managers do little to no work and seem incredulous if you don't get your work done. The "Good Ol Boy" mentality is alive and well, and is highly encouraged at FCB. Minority hiring seems to be highly frowned upon.

Help out your employees and stop thinking you are more important than you really are. Try to put yourself in the place of the teller who is a single parent making $8 an hour.

Much better than SunTrust

Current Employee - Banker Assistant II in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Banker Assistant II in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at First Citizens Bancorporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They really value employees. People are happy to work for the company, they love the company. The company really cares about who you are as a person.

Cons

Health insurance costs are higher with First Citizens Bank than at my previous employer. Must be employed at least 1 year to get 401k options.

There are newer employer reviews for First Citizens Bancorporation