First Command

There are newer employer reviews for First Command

Company that has no idea to move into the 21st century

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Command full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company values are good; good retirement plan

Cons

IT dept in a complete mess. Sr. leadership has no clue how to treat employees. Blames failures on certain folks they want out of the dept. No career outlook. Another reviewer said it best you get in and get stuck.

Get IT mgmt. training to work with employees and not bully them. treat people with respect. Follow the corporate values.

77 Other Employee Reviews for First Command (View Most Recent)

A Company that Cares

I have been working at First Command

Pros

If you can build relationships and meet new people comfortably then you can excel for a lifetime!

Cons

You need to be able to "sell". Even though you will believe in what you "sell", you need to be able to be able to get others excited.

A company that tries to take care of it's employees to the fullest extent.

I have been working at First Command full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company does great things for it's clients in making sure they have or are doing what they need for their financial future. These same things are available to all the employees with a significant savings on fees and such. It's an employee owned company, so we have great retirement benefits from a 401K to an ESOP. There is a full variety of medical benefits too from health to long term care. We have our own gym to promote our health and a charitable giving committee to give back in the community. Most of the employees I see seem happy and enjoy their job. Employees are welcome to partake in a leadership development program if they desire personal/career growth. The company values are clear and are taught/explained to new employees as they onboard and stay in the forefront of everything they do. Employees are recognized and rewarded for jobs well done, promotions, birthdays, etc.

Cons

At times there an be a lack of communication between departments, but I have witnessed this being actively worked on to decrease that and to ensure that departments provide a consistent message to their client: the Advisor. Lack of interest on the employees to take advantage of leadership development/financial services offered, then blaming others for their problems rather than taking personal responsibility.

Continue to work on the cross pollination of information and communication between departments. Continue to advertise the leadership development/financial services offered to employees for awareness.

There are newer employer reviews for First Command