First Command

www.firstcommand.com

Gained knowledge to help me determine my career path.

Intern (Former Employee) Manhattan, KS

ProsIf your a self-motivated person who doesn't like boundaries this would be a great position for you. Time off during the day to be able to attend things for your children is flexible as well as an unlimited income potential, you are your own boss (to an extent)

ConsWork in the evenings to be able to meet with clients, outside sales to build clientele, failure rate in the first five years is extremely high, it's more likely you won't make it as an advisor, income isn't stable, office is not provided by the company, self-employed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to inform potential advisors about the income potential and how many people do NOT make it as an advisor and what type of personality is needed to be successful in this industry. My team did a great job of preparing me for this.

I was never trained in an organized way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Command

Pros: Near home. Many honest people that are employed. Cons: No real training for the home office employees. A lot of uneducated employees. (ie. bad grammar). Tenure means more than experience or professionalism.… Advice to Senior Management: Create training progrom for home office, not just the field.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

First Command has ceased valuing its employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Command

Pros: At one time, First Command offered great opportunities but this has changed, yes the gararge is great and the employees support each other but management… Cons: First Command has over the past several years swept out a number of long term employees by telling their jobs had been eliminated with no… Advice to Senior Management: People deserve respect and not being shown the door just because you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on First Command.

Worked for First Command? Contribute to the Community!