There are newer employer reviews for First Command

Gained knowledge to help me determine my career path.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Manhattan, KS
Former Employee - Intern in Manhattan, KS

I worked at First Command

Pros

If your a self-motivated person who doesn't like boundaries this would be a great position for you. Time off during the day to be able to attend things for your children is flexible as well as an unlimited income potential, you are your own boss (to an extent)

Cons

Work in the evenings to be able to meet with clients, outside sales to build clientele, failure rate in the first five years is extremely high, it's more likely you won't make it as an advisor, income isn't stable, office is not provided by the company, self-employed.

Be sure to inform potential advisors about the income potential and how many people do NOT make it as an advisor and what type of personality is needed to be successful in this industry. My team did a great job of preparing me for this.

69 Other Employee Reviews for First Command (View Most Recent)

I was never trained in an organized way.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Command

Pros

Near home. Many honest people that are employed.

Cons

No real training for the home office employees. A lot of uneducated employees. (ie. bad grammar). Tenure means more than experience or professionalism. Upper management rarely takes the side of the lower management and non-supportive of those on the frontline of management (ie. allowed employees to get away with disrespecting lower management)

Create training progrom for home office, not just the field. Bonuses and raises should not just be based on tenure.

First Command has ceased valuing its employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Command

Pros

At one time, First Command offered great opportunities but this has changed, yes the gararge is great and the employees support each other but management does not vaule them as much as it sees them as an expense and something to be managed rather as a potential debit rather than an asset.

Cons

First Command has over the past several years swept out a number of long term employees by telling their jobs had been eliminated with no opportunity to move to another position. If you are looking for a place to make a committment to a company that will make a committment to you . . . look elsewhere.

People deserve respect and not being shown the door just because you want to make a bonus for cutting the bottom line to the quick.

There are newer employer reviews for First Command

Worked for First Command? Contribute to the Community!