There are newer employer reviews for First Data

Management heavy,dying company

Current Employee - Applications Architect in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Applications Architect in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at First Data

Pros

good perks for management,good vacation time and benefits.Good for someone who is not motivated to grow or has some side family business etc.

Cons

its anti-growth,anti-creative and anti-innovative.In fact First data is not for creative people or people who believe in doing something new or trying something new.Its super monotonous.The management is interested in sailing the boat.They don't believe in investing on technology.If they want something they will buy it.That culture is hard-wired all across the organization.Very frequent management changes.

Please hold on to your jobs.If not for you at least for the rest of the insignificant people.Technology alone can solve problems,not EBIDTA . Employees are not machines to do same job through out their lives.Finally,treat employee as your partner in success not just another piece you buy outside in the market.

513 Other Employee Reviews for First Data (View Most Recent)

Enlightening

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at First Data

Pros

Decent compensation, good experience to work for a large corporation. Great place to learn structure and the correct business processes.

Cons

It's also a con to work for a large corporation, however I think it should be something everyone should have the experience.

Leadership team has innovative ideas, they should work more closely with those that can implement those ideas. I believe it will make them more successful.

Good people and benefit, but IT heavily outsourced

I have been working at First Data

Pros

People are good and once we are hired, stay there for a long time. I am with the company for over 6 years, but I am the newest in the team!! (except outsource contractors).

Cons

Promotion freeze for last 3 years; this year, no raise for all employees. Many of IT is outsourced to cut the cost, and I see no place for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for First Data