First Data

www.firstdata.com

The company's outstanding debts are causing a stressful environment for their employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Company is extremely good about promoting diversity and hiring minorities and disabled workers. They also are very good about discouraging any sort of racism or sexism. Upper management seems to be trying to come up with answers to company's problems.

Cons

The area that I was in had an extremely stressful and tense work environment. There were requirements about how fast employees needed to respond to problems, without the necessary numbers of employees to fulfill those requirements. Employee morale was extremely low while I was working there.

Other reviews for First Data

Senior Network Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Legacy Concord was a great company with great management.
    Great Benefits
    Good Salary
    Good middle management
    Flexible work from home schedule

Cons

First Data management is awful. All my customers, Fortune 50 companies, were angry and looking for alternatives to First Data.
    No customer focus.
    Top Down, no leadership.
    They took an big box mentaility and tried to apply this to a service company.
    No respect for work/life balance.
    You will get no benefit for working 70 to 80 hours a week while your peers work 30 or 40.
    No accountability.

Fire yourselves. If there is a C in your title leave.

Watch your Back!

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative in Hunt Valley, MD

Pros

Good salary, good benefits - really liked the group of people I worked with. They had respect for me and I had respect for them .

Cons

Could not progress beyond certain level unless I had college degree. I had the experience but not the degree therefore, I was not eligible for any promotions. Also at play within FDC is lots of corporate politics - if you ever cross (disagree with) any manager, watch out for your back because you'll be on the next "lay off" list and it has nothing to do with your performance. I had been with same group of people for 12 years and at age 63 was out the door. I always had the highest review rankings so it had nothing to do with ability.

Most technical employees were basically on call 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week.

Promote based on abiility, not just on educational level. There is intuitive intelligence and book smarts. Intuitive intelligence is by far a broader intellect (problem solving) than someone who has been educated strictly by the book. And make sure when you do lay someone off that there is no vindictive motivation behind the act. You are taking away someone's livelihood to assuage a manager's ego.

There are newer employer reviews for First Data.

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!