There are newer employer reviews for First Data

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Camby, IN
Former Employee - Account Executive in Camby, IN

I worked at First Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1.) Excellent training
2.) Awsome products and services
3.) Decent base and commission
4.) Great bonuses and expense reimbursment
5.) Largest merchant processor in the world
6.) Great partners for you to team up with
7.) Decent work life and family balance
8.) My first and last managers were awsome. I had 4 managers total.

Cons

1.) To many excess fees for merchants
2.) Not all First Data programs are the same; however, the acount executive is held to the same standards. Example: One Account Executive may have a large bank partner with over 30 bankers out there on the streets referring people to the account executive. The other Account Executive may have a credit union with 5 sales people out ther one the streets. Both Account Executive are treated the same and have the same goals. Not to mention the credit union may have only a few commercial accounts compared to the big bank. The Account Executive with the big bank partner doesn't have to do any cold calling and blows their goal away. The company always puts these reps on a pedestal, and uses them as expamples of how to sell. when in reality all they are doing is answering the phone to schedule appointments that their bankers have made. The Account Executive with credit union is always on the hunt. Getting much fewer leads from their partner on much smaller deals, yet this person has the same goal as the rep with the big bank. The rep with the credit union is actually cold calling and generating interest in the products and services. However all that matters is revenue so this rep may be a much better sales person is always in danger of losing their job.
3.) Managers change often. I had four different bosses in about 3 years.
4.) About 20 percent of the time you are in competition with other First Data channels
5.) My third manager was horrible with no industry experience. People I went to training with also had some compliants about leadership.
6.) Goals go up every year to level that is truly only attainable if you have a big bank partner.
7.) Every December the bottom reps are let go despite the unfair circumstances listed above.

Read my cons.

487 Other Employee Reviews for First Data (View Most Recent)

A great company to work for

I have been working at First Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FD is a company who looks for and recognizes talent and promotes from within

Cons

Hours in Call Center can be difficult

N/A

Decent

I have been working at First Data full-time

Pros

a lot of responsibility, encouraging workplace, good benefits

Cons

not an innovative company, smal bonuses, little opportunity for advancement, very bureaucratic and difficult to get things accomplished. Very "old" company.

consider larger bonuses/financial incentives to attract younger talent, recruit more aggressively.

There are newer employer reviews for First Data

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!