There are newer employer reviews for First Data

Good

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Knowledge is passed on.

Cons

No career growth in my career.

Take care of young employees.

488 Other Employee Reviews for First Data (View Most Recent)

Normal

I have been working at First Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, good environment,near to my house

Cons

boring, not flexible schedule,stressful job

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at First Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a great Director. He really was helpful and trained me extreamly well. I was told that wasn't common. This is the only merchant services company that pays a base and commission. Your first 4 months in addition to $25k a year, you also get an additional $1500 a month. Once you met your goal of 6 or more, you get the $1500 for 2 additional months. All Account Executives are partnered with a Financial Institute (FI), Sam's Club, or company, so the leads come from them. You also have to generate deals yourself. You get a lot of support. They really are #1 in the industry.

Cons

The FI I was assigned to was not known and did not generate many leads. I was then assigned to all of the branches of that FI in the whole state and combined, they still didnt not generate many leads per month. I had to travel a lot to visit each branch every week and didn't yield results. There were coworkers that would get over 20 leads per month from their FI's. I got a total of 6 leads the whole 6 months I was with the company. There is too much competition and the merchants are bombared with merchant reps all day everyday. They want something for nothing and you basically have to give it away to just make $20 a month of the deal (if that). This is great for a person who really don't care about helping others and are truly only concerned about money. Because you have to "omit" information from the merchant to get any money out of the deal. You have to work from sun up to 9 PM to make any money.

Stop hiring so many people in one area. More than one person from the same company visiting a merchant can confuse them and shows we are more concerned with ourselves and not the client.

There are newer employer reviews for First Data

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!