First Data
www.firstdata.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Always Changing

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time for less than a year

ProsComfortable Atmosphere; Flex Scheduling for my Application; Cafeteria in the 6855 building; Employee rewards system that allows you to acquire a variety of items, or donate the rewards to charity.

Cons401k Match program is going away on Jan.1 2014, being replaced by internal stock options; Constant Company Reorginizations, meaning layoffs are always a looming threat. In the financial business, therefore you can possibly be on call for emergencies on the weekends and nights.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy management always seems to do a good job keeping us informed and fighting battles for you if needed. I can't say anything bad about the managment at this point.

A good company wrecked by severe cost cutting and KKR

Production Operator I (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: A job with above minimum pay and benefits. Cons: great uncertainty for the future,very low employee morale,no incentive,management indifference,too many chiefs and not enough indians,ever increasing stress( must make due with old equipment,work very… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees like respected human beings. A happy employee is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of uncertainty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at First Data

Pros: I can't think of any pros for first data given their ownership. … Cons: Management out of touch. Command and control style. Products facing… More

There are newer reviews on First Data.

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Data reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Data CEO Frank Bisignano. All reviews posted anonymously by First Data employees.