GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Former Employee - Payroll Coordinator  in  Coral Springs, FL
Former Employee - Payroll Coordinator in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at First Data

Pros

Great Benefits, good management, great training programs, generous perks, fun, nice building.
I was treated with respect, they had employee luncheons and even brought in masseuses at one point. It was a few years ago so I can't promise it is still like this but it must be better than most companies nowadays.

Cons

Had a lousy department supervisor but that happens. Most of the management was AMAZING!

Continue to make employees feel appreciated and respected. It's the little things that made the difference. I wish I hadn't left.

Other Reviews for First Data

Hire anyone, fire nobody.

Current Employee - POS Tech Support  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - POS Tech Support in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data

Pros

Relatively easy to schedule vacation / personal days

Some tuition assistance

lower level employees are generally friendly

big supporters of community care projects

Cons

First Data used to care about the quality of people they hired. Now it seems they just hire bodies to fill positions. No matter how bad a person is at their job, as long as they show up when scheduled and meet monthly "stats", they will not be fired. Management goes out of their way to find something to criticise employees on and does not offer positive re-inforcement. Morale is horrible. Over 3/4 of the computers on the call center floor are out dated and need of repair / replacement.

All you need to do is look at the turnover for the past 5 years. People don't want to work where they are misserable everyday. Be willing to fire the people that cannot perform their job (including team managers). Be willing to listen to employees that have ideas on how to improve their workplace. Be willing to reward employees that do a good job (bring back Employee of the Month/Year awards!).

Great Place for Call Center experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Technical Phone Support Representative  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Technical Phone Support Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at First Data

Pros

The management gives us the ablity to use the time off when we want. I have taken off from work in the middle of the day or gone to a doctor's appointment without having to ask management. Also there is a lot of opportunity at the new call center.

Cons

The large call center enviorment is a bit impersonal and doesnt' really foster a sense of belonging. One drawbaack could be the pay isn't that great

I would offer the advise of having everyone have emaiil rather than sending announcements out by placing memos on everyone's desk. It is using a lot of paper and rather inefficent.

There are newer employer reviews for First Data.

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!