First Data
www.firstdata.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Ok

Memphis, TN

I have been working at First Data

ProsThe company has very good benefits and the pay is about the norm for the area and type of job.

ConsTo many layoffs, knowledge and amount of time dedicated to this company do not matter any more, all that matters now is that senior management makes more money. The company often lays off the people that actually do the work instead of the higher ups, and there are way to many of them, that sit in offices all day long, when they come to the office, and stay on conference calls all day. Dedication means nothing to his company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop getting rid of the people that made this company what they are, stop getting rid of the hard working people that keep this company afloat.

Not the same company it used to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at First Data

Pros: Health benefits were very good. Cons: Exec Mgmt is all about taking the company public again.… Advice to Senior Management: Share the profits with the people that do the true… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fantastic learning experience and working conditions but highly bureaucratic

Senior Vice President (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at First Data

Pros: - The payments processing industry is extremely relevant and interesting, and FDC is engaged in virtually every facet of it. You can learn a lot… Cons: - Likely the most bureaucratic organization I have ever worked in, and that includes several Fortune 500 organizations. If you don't like conforming to detailed… Advice to Senior Management: - Break down the silos, ala the One Company mandate that existed at one point - Focus on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on First Data.

Worked for First Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Data reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Data CEO Frank Bisignano. All reviews posted anonymously by First Data employees.