There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Merchant Services

Commission only, so they didn't have much of an investment in my succeeding

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services

Pros

If you don't mind working all alone with little support and can handle the start up time of straight commission in a VERY competitive industry, then it's a great plac to work with long term residuals. Don't think many end up that successful though.

Cons

Commission only. Account Rep managers are totally over run with too many people to take care of. Really competitive industry. Not for me.

Get more rep managers, be more available.

4 Other Employee Reviews for First Financial Merchant Services (View Most Recent)

Very satisfied as an independent agent for First Financial for over five years

Current Employee - Agent in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like their GiveBack program where they donate 10% of the profit from a merchant's account to the non-profit of the merchant's choice every month as long as the merchant is processing through them. Several non-profits in my city are receiving several thousand dollars a year from this program. I have a great agent director who is almost immediately available and has taught me a lot. They have treated me fairly. They do not ask me to say anything to get an account and they encourage the client service I give to my clients. CC processing is a very competitive business and it is not for everyone, but I am making a decent living from it. I would recommend to a friend if I thought my friend was a good match for the job and its requirements.

Cons

I have had several agent directors and not all were as good as the one I have now. However, I found that when I was not satisfied with who I was working with, they were willing to make adjustments to make sure I had the support I needed.

I think that agent directors are under pressure to push their agents to get deals to make quotas and bonus levels - which can lead some of them to say anything to get a deal. Choose your agent directors more carefully and train them better and you will have more agents staying and working hard for themselves and the company. Emphasize to your agent directors to be honest with their agents above all else.

First Financial Merchant Services, say whatever it takes to get an account.

I worked at First Financial Merchant Services

Pros

It is very easy to become an agent for this company. After joining the chat by invitation only candidates are called immediately and given your own home office advocate. This advocate is a mentor and offers some useful marketing tips. The short training videos offer some valuable sales tactics to novices.

Cons

The company wants you to sell it's credit card services and they make it seem like it is easy to do however it is akin to selling insurance- not easy. The home office advocate will back up anything that you say, and I mean anything. I was told that I was the only salesperson in my county, but when I went out to sell the merchants have said that there was an agent just there.

If you do not log into your account for more than two weeks, you are denied access. It is not easy to regain entry because of the limited amount of personnel to handle the "no access" problem.

If you have any questions, you may have to wait to reach your assigned advocate. Imagine trying to get a client to sign up but there is no one in the office to answer questions,
    There are no benefits. All of your income is based on sales.

The company offers no statistics that may be helpful to it's agents.

Try to allow agents gain access all of the time to the website. Home advocates should be made available at all times.

There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Merchant Services