First Financial Merchant Services

www.ffusa.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Merchant Services

Commission only, so they didn't have much of an investment in my succeeding

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services

Pros

If you don't mind working all alone with little support and can handle the start up time of straight commission in a VERY competitive industry, then it's a great plac to work with long term residuals. Don't think many end up that successful though.

Cons

Commission only. Account Rep managers are totally over run with too many people to take care of. Really competitive industry. Not for me.

Get more rep managers, be more available.

5 Other Employee Reviews for First Financial Merchant Services (View Most Recent)

Very satisfied as an independent agent for First Financial for over five years

Current Employee - Agent in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like their GiveBack program where they donate 10% of the profit from a merchant's account to the non-profit of the merchant's choice every month as long as the merchant is processing through them. Several non-profits in my city are receiving several thousand dollars a year from this program. I have a great agent director who is almost immediately available and has taught me a lot. They have treated me fairly. They do not ask me to say anything to get an account and they encourage the client service I give to my clients. CC processing is a very competitive business and it is not for everyone, but I am making a decent living from it. I would recommend to a friend if I thought my friend was a good match for the job and its requirements.

Cons

I have had several agent directors and not all were as good as the one I have now. However, I found that when I was not satisfied with who I was working with, they were willing to make adjustments to make sure I had the support I needed.

I think that agent directors are under pressure to push their agents to get deals to make quotas and bonus levels - which can lead some of them to say anything to get a deal. Choose your agent directors more carefully and train them better and you will have more agents staying and working hard for themselves and the company. Emphasize to your agent directors to be honest with their agents above all else.

Not all things are as they seem

Former Employee - Agent Director in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Agent Director in Plymouth, MN

I worked at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Strong sales training and systems and tools in place to manage your day to day activities. Friendly people and company offers weekly breakfasts for staff.

Cons

Lots of talk about making money but the only ones making it are the upper management. You will work your tail off and make less the minimum wage after all is said and done. In the end your efforts will go back to the house and you will be left with nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Merchant Services