First Horizon

Teller I

Former Employee - Teller I in Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Teller I in Knoxville, TN

I worked at First Horizon

Pros

Advancement, great possibilities at improving your career. A real great place to begin a career as a bank teller or financial service representative, be strong and move up.

Cons

This place in this economy especially has taken a turn to be very sales oriented. Both desk side and teller side tends to trend towards sales.

Continue with the positive reinforcement, the uplifting meetings and try to continue working hard on putting people where they seem to be the strongest.

31 Other Employee Reviews for First Horizon (View Most Recent)

Neutral on First horizon

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at First Horizon

Pros

small enough for individual contributors to have impact. growth potential based on skill and education is a plus in some areas. Core market is still viable management just needs to regroup.

Cons

Senior management is not skilled in management an communication. Senior management lacks realistic strategic visuallization capabilities and they do not know how to, or do not concern themselves with managing the details. Look before you leap. Witness failed (so called) national strategy. management has the tendency to blame the lowest ranking employees for failures of those at the top. Clueless on manging with any sort of meaningful metrics in mind.

Learn to communicate better, stop being afraid to ask your line workers for input. Learn from your mistakes.

Total Lack of Integrity....Don't believe the rosy promises that are made!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at First Horizon

Pros

None! The only good thing about working here is their "ideas" of a Firstpower and Employee First culture. Unfortunately, it has been proven time after time that they have yet to define and implement their core values. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is and in this case this is 120% true. I loved and believed in the idea of it but was beyond disappointed and dissatisfied to learn it was untrue.

Cons

Terrible place to work. Do not apply here! They are notorious for making false promises. You work your butt off, only to be told you won't receive the level of financial reward and/or promotion promised for the level of performance you've displayed.

One word - Integrity. Need I say more?

There are newer employer reviews for First Horizon