First Horizon

There are newer employer reviews for First Horizon

Decent place to work.

Current Employee - IT Technician in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - IT Technician in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at First Horizon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay for the Knoxville area. Good benefits. Overall nice place to work. A smaller corporation still trying to grow and needs improvement to be up to date with similar companies of this same valuation.

Cons

HR Department response is poor on Q&A, not very knowledgeable with their own policies. IT department is overall more reactive than proactive. IT employees need more education and guidance.

IT Management needs to be more involved and hold supervisors accountable to the same standard as the regular salaried and hourly employees. From the Director level down things are not well organized on day to day operations.

32 Other Employee Reviews for First Horizon (View Most Recent)

Don't Ever Get Sick While Working Here

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at First Horizon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent start pay, health ins is good and Vacation time soon after starting is nice.

Cons

You are just a number and totally replaceable, they try to make it sound like they put their employees first but trust me they don't. I got very sick while working here, provided Dr. notes kept the management informed , they fed me crap that they would save my job, the day that i was going to come back they called and fired me for attendance. Then when i filed for unemployment they tried to appeal it saying that it was misconduct they fired me for. HA i got unemployment approved because it was indeed not misconduct at all. I was not the only employee that this happened to , there were several others that this happened to as well. So if you work here, don't ever get sick don't ever have an accident of any kind that will hospitalize you cause they will fire you.

When you have a good employee that has done well for the company and then that employee gets sick through no fault of their own, work with them to keep their job.

Nice company, if somewhat unstable

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at First Horizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and work-life balance programs cannot be beat. Corporate has a family atomosphere.

Cons

Constant concern that the company will be acquired. However, the severance packages are strong.

Keep doing what you're doing, but remember to keep employees apprised of possible acquisitions.

There are newer employer reviews for First Horizon