First Hospitality

www.fhginc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for First Hospitality

A great place to start out a career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at First Hospitality

Pros

Caring environment where you can learn many on the job skills.

Cons

Low salaries, ok benefits and not much room for growing.

16 Other Employee Reviews for First Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Good Environment to work in, but no place to advance

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate

I have been working at First Hospitality full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Recognition of jobs done well, friendly atmosphere (sometimes too friendly).

Cons

Opportunities to advance almost non-existent, unattainable expectations from corporate from time to time. Low pay compared to other companies with same responsibilities. Poor morale for many employees because under-performing employees are not reprimanded strongly enough, and therefore seem to "get away with it"

Bring back some of those great training programs you still include in the Employiee Handbook, encourage promising staff to participate in training programs, and reward those employees that go above and beyond, consistently communicating with staff on the possibilities for advancement. Also follow-through with associate issues, follow a set and documented procedure for all employees to be aware of the consequences of their actions and to follow them even if the result is termination. There is nothing worse than watching a fellow co-worker under-perform only to see no repercussions. It causes those employees that usually work hard or above and beyond to slack off as well, because obviously, they can "get away with it"

Low Pay

Current Employee - Night Auditor
    Current Employee - Night Auditor

I have been working at First Hospitality full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Let me start off by saying I am overall mostly satisfied working for this company. My management at the specific property I work at is amazing. Benefits are decent. I guess your experience with FHG all depends on your property manager.

Cons

Low Pay, It is very disheartening that the maximum raise you get per year is 3%. Which equates to $.25 for me. Also its a shame that they hire less qualified employees at a higher pay after you've been with them for 6 months. Example, I make $8.50 as a Night Auditor. An ad placed on HCareers stated starting for part time was 9.50. It would take me 4 years to get their hourly pay.

Pay attention to how much you pay your employees. Pay front of the line better. Raises should be on a sliding scale. 3%-12% maximum. Employees who work harder get a better raise.

There are newer employer reviews for First Hospitality