There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

I love my job and am proud of the work we do for our clients and our community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at First Investors Corporation

Pros

I feel that the training is second to none in our industry. I had no prior experience working in the financial services industry before I started with First Investors. The management team within my office was extremely helpful in teaching me how to be very successful while helping my clients achieve their financial goals. I have friends that tried to work at other companies in the industry and the training was nothing like what it was here. I also love the people that I work with, they are an extention of my family. I really appreciate the compensation structure because it allows me to get compensated based on my hard work and talent instead of based on my years of service. I also appreciate the fact that we are growing and this has allowed me to get started in management training in just my 2nd year with the company.

Cons

It is a lot of hard work in the beginning. This career is very similar to starting a business without all the startup costs and overhead that are usually associated with startig a business. People that are not hard working will not end up with a successful career, those that are hard working will typically feel the rewards 10 fold in the long run.

Continue creating and producing top notch products, tools, and services for the representatives to utilize in helping our clients reach their financial goals.

178 Other Employee Reviews for First Investors Corporation (View Most Recent)

Financially difficult

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at First Investors Corporation

Pros

Friendly work environment. Fun trips with the company. They provide training for sales pitches and a supportive work team. Unfortunately the majority of employees are very young, I would prefer individuals with more experience.

Cons

No base pay, one must pay for all of the testing, the gas to transport to work. The cold calling is horrible, no one has even heard of First Investors. There are no benefits and my savings is completely gone due to the expenses of becoming registered. If one could access the draw program earlier I would feel much more secure with my position in the company.

You must support your employees and offer a base salary. Medical benefits would be a major plus.

Worst place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I worked at First Investors Corporation

Pros

- They train you to get your insurance license and your Series 6
    - Everything is based on how you as an individual works

Cons

- Bad management
    - Pyramid scheme
    - They do not care about you, all they care about is your numbers

There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!