First Investors Corporation

www.firstinvestors.com
  www.firstinvestors.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

First Investors taught me things that I would have never had learned in school.

Current Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Intern in Tampa, FL

I have been working at First Investors Corporation

Pros

- Real-life opportunities to learn.
- Supervision from senior representatives that facilitate the entrance of new reps.
- You make your own destiny, you decide when to work and how to work, if you work hard, your work will pay off.

Cons

- Just by being an intern, I can only say that it must difficult to start on this business.
- It takes a lot of courage from the employees to get to people and tell them what you do, because you do not have any clients when you start so you have to do a lot of cold calling.

The leadership of the senior reps and the supervisor of the interns are really good. First Investors try to make the interns to understand how the real business work, not only the book material.

184 Other Employee Reviews for First Investors Corporation (View Most Recent)

Work somewhere you can be proud of!!

Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at First Investors Corporation

Pros

The people, the products and the enviroment are all things that make a career. After 20 plus years, I have no regrets.

Cons

Getting started building a new business is a challange no matter where someone attempts to do so. First Investors is no different. If you have the desire to succeed, you will. If you don't, you won't.

Continue to engage in open and honest communication, no matter if it comes from the CEO to the masses or from a new employee to a supervisor.

I do not see my future here. Many of my coworkers quit right after they got their licenses.

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at First Investors Corporation

Pros

Freedom, flexibility, manager is funny. You get to choose your own schedule. You have 1.5 hr lunch break. There are extensive training at the beginning.

Cons

Sometimes, manager can be the source of distraction. He wants to motivate the whole off because that week, 5 people quit at the same time. There is no based salary. Funds performance are not good. Hard to sell...

Please offer based salary and more resource to young financial representatives. When you dont provide anything to them, it is very hard to do business.

There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation