First Investors Corporation

www.firstinvestors.com

Great manager, flexible schedule, endless resources for knowledge and growth"

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEverything in the title. Our manager is incredible. He's won several awards. He's always willing to help,he's very encouraging, and he is understanding of what is happening in your life. He was very supportive when I had to take some time off to help take care of a family member.

The schedule is my own, so I have tremendous flexibility, which is really important for me.

There are TONS of training videos and lots of sites on financial planning to read. Also weekly training meetings.

Foresters has benefits that brother life insurance company offers. They provide complimentary monthly benefits and scholarships to the children of their members who pass away. They really care about helping families and communities. They also have competitive scholarships and a host of other member benefits.

ConsStarting out was difficult because there was not a base salary. The company has just changed this and starting in January there will be a salary for new reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm really happy with management.

Learned a lot and had a great time doing it.

Apprentice (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

I have been working at First Investors Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The company culture is great. Managers are willing to have fun… Cons: As an apprentice, we didn't get paid, so we had to… Advice to Senior Management: If you want your employees to take you seriously, you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It Takes a Certain Kind of Person to be Successful

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Hands on management Healthy yet very supportive competition Can pay very well Learn something new everyday Gain a… Cons: Need to solicit new business though they do give house accounts You need to put in a lot of time to be successful You have to be… Advice to Senior Management: Bring more structure and depth to training Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on First Investors Corporation.

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!