First Investors Corporation

www.firstinvestors.com
  www.firstinvestors.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

It's all about the people and the support!

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Whether I am working with potential candidates, new hires, our Management team, or my colleagues, my work environment, in large due to people, makes First Investors such a great place to work! I have worked for First Investors for 10+ years now, and I am proud to say I have established my career here. The support I receive from my superiors, colleagues and company as a whole, are critical aspects in my job performance and overall happiness. It is in turn, the relationships formed with these individuals, that has led me to trust and value the company has a whole. It really is all about the people and support!

Cons

A bit slow with the up and coming technology.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

184 Other Employee Reviews for First Investors Corporation (View Most Recent)

Start your career here, but know when to move on!

Former Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY

I worked at First Investors Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great study material to get you educated on investments and life insurance vehicles. The licenses you earn here are transferable to other financial service companies.

Cons

Management only looks out for themselves. They throw you to the wolves and only go to see the clients YOU bring in to the company if they know they will get a larger commission off of YOUR sale.

Pay attention to the newbies. They are putting money into your pocket for a good chunk of time before they move up the ranks. Don't pick and choose which appointments you go to - know the value in every client and be aware that every appointment is important to a new rep.

Good company if it's the path you're shooting to follow.

I have been working at First Investors Corporation as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule once established. Good products. Fun environment. Good trips if you qualify for them.

Cons

No benefits because you're an independent contractor.

Careful not to try and put too much demand on your reps when they're on independent contractors and you're providing no benefits to back them up.

There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation