First Investors Corporation

www.firstinvestors.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Financial Advisor

I worked at First Investors Corporation

Pros

Employees are great to work with, the manager of the Broadway office in NewYork is a down to earth guy.

Cons

Dull working environment, plan on working weekends and around a 55 hour+ week

184 Other Employee Reviews for First Investors Corporation (View Most Recent)

It's all about the people and the support!

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Whether I am working with potential candidates, new hires, our Management team, or my colleagues, my work environment, in large due to people, makes First Investors such a great place to work! I have worked for First Investors for 10+ years now, and I am proud to say I have established my career here. The support I receive from my superiors, colleagues and company as a whole, are critical aspects in my job performance and overall happiness. It is in turn, the relationships formed with these individuals, that has led me to trust and value the company has a whole. It really is all about the people and support!

Cons

A bit slow with the up and coming technology.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Lofty promises, but you're on your own

I worked at First Investors Corporation

Pros

Flexible hours to plan your week.
    A lot of training and study material to help prepare and sell investments/insurance

Cons

Lack of any sort of upper management or leadership. If you need help, very few are willing to donate their time to help a new person. The company attracts many new talents with promises of high salary but they don't tell you that the people "mentoring" you on all your initial business get a large chunk of your commission. Be prepared to sell to your friends and family first. The employee turnover rate is extremely high.

Instead of having employees who manage many other accounts try to help the new people, having someone in the office who knows the regulations and has sales experience to help new employees.

There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation