First Investors Corporation

www.firstinvestors.com
  www.firstinvestors.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Not the best fit unless you have strong sales skills

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time

Pros

Once you do establish yourself at this company, its looks like a great place to work. Not a very large office so work environment is very casual yet professional. The ability to work on your time seems very enticing.

Cons

Its getting to the pros that's the difficult part. You must have very strong sales skills and a very large network of people who would have enough money to actually invest. You must also learn the art of cold calling because you will have to start out doing that. You have to pay for licensure, but it doesn't sound too bad because accountants have to pay to get their CPA and financial analysts have to pay for the CFA exams as well. And be prepared to work long and hard in the beginning.

184 Other Employee Reviews for First Investors Corporation (View Most Recent)

Financial Advisor

I worked at First Investors Corporation

Pros

Employees are great to work with, the manager of the Broadway office in NewYork is a down to earth guy.

Cons

Dull working environment, plan on working weekends and around a 55 hour+ week

It's all about the people and the support!

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Whether I am working with potential candidates, new hires, our Management team, or my colleagues, my work environment, in large due to people, makes First Investors such a great place to work! I have worked for First Investors for 10+ years now, and I am proud to say I have established my career here. The support I receive from my superiors, colleagues and company as a whole, are critical aspects in my job performance and overall happiness. It is in turn, the relationships formed with these individuals, that has led me to trust and value the company has a whole. It really is all about the people and support!

Cons

A bit slow with the up and coming technology.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation