There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Great place to start your career as a financial professional

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is more than willing to invest in their new employees. Many firms will refrain from offering licensing eligibility for a considerable amount of time. First Investors sponsors and encourages their representatives to obtain their licenses as quickly as possible. New reps also receive a small salary while studying and starting their business.
The family-like environment makes learning the business much more enjoyable.

Cons

Work/Life balance is definitely an issue. Prepare to work 6 days per week, often times putting a priority on attendance over productivity.
Miscommunication and contradicting instructions from different levels of management can cause an incredible amount of unnecessary stress for representatives.
Lazy management creates an environment where interns train, hire, and manage other interns.

Micromanagement of managers who are already incredibly involved and on top of their office often causes more problems than it solves.

reviews filtered by

A great place to be your own boss

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Communication between representatives is amazing. There is very positive leadership and support in jump starting my career. I really likes the competitiveness of the role as well as the history of the company.

Cons

The technology is lacking due to the inability to provide on the spot illustrations. Also dislike lack of public awareness of who we are and what we do.

Personally really likes the one-on-one time in developing individuals-keep that up and provide more of that time

Being put out of your comfort zone countless times to the point where your successful

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The salary while on the training program is extremely helpful to keep you afloat. All the support in the world from your manager and mentor with the training tools being endless. I don't know many jobs with the freedom to make your own schedule and make as much money as you want.

Cons

Because of the high turnover there is definitely a wall up from other reps. But once you stick around for a while and prove yourself, you're golden, pony boy. I don't know if this is a con or more towards advice but; you must work hard to be successful! We're talking 50+ hour weeks and Saturdays.

Consistency.