There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Excellent company for those who are motivated

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers a base salary while you're in the 9 month training program which many firms in the industry do not offer. The training program is extensive and very thorough. Representatives in the training program have at least a meeting everyday with someone in upper management. The company pays for the licensing process and provide you with the study materials to get three different licenses. The opportunities to move into management are plentiful as the company is drastically expanding nation wide, really is a great place to start a career especially if you have an interest in moving into management.

Cons

As with any commission based job, you get out of it what you put in. This job is for people who are willing to work hard and put the time and effort into being successful.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A great career path for the highly motivated

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First Investors’ extensive training program is what lured me to the company. To have the system in place with base pay and commissions along with my overhead expenses being paid for was a huge head start for me to help get my career started and something I couldn’t find at other companies. The office atmosphere is another positive for the office. It has a family feel, and there is always someone at the office willing to lend a helping hand.

Cons

This position isn’t for everyone. It takes a person who is not only extremely dedicated but also highly passionate about the position and the work that goes into being a successful representative. There is a learning curve that is different for everyone depending on their quick actions and implementation.

Advice to Management

I feel that the marketing for the company could take a more aggressive approach in order to create more brand recognition with the public.

Work Hard. Play Hard.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have done my research on similar firms. No other company offers the level of support or training. The compensation is better than most firms. Very strong culture from top to bottom of working hard and play hard. The majority of my vacations are with my colleagues from across the country because they have become like family. No other company spoils their representatives like First Investors. Career opportunities: We are looking to open offices across the country and aggressively grow in the next couple of years. New Training Program: It used to be straight commission, but has since changed to a base+ commission for the beginning of a representative's career.

Cons

This is your business and you will reap what you sew. You don't have to worry about a boss breathing down your neck, so you have to be self-motivated or otherwise you will likely not be successful.

Advice to Management

With the amount of changes and growth over the last couple of years it has been tough to see what we are pushing towards. Bigger and Better, of course, but a clear image of the future would be beneficial.