There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Excellent company for those who are motivated

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company offers a base salary while you're in the 9 month training program which many firms in the industry do not offer. The training program is extensive and very thorough. Representatives in the training program have at least a meeting everyday with someone in upper management. The company pays for the licensing process and provide you with the study materials to get three different licenses. The opportunities to move into management are plentiful as the company is drastically expanding nation wide, really is a great place to start a career especially if you have an interest in moving into management.

Cons

As with any commission based job, you get out of it what you put in. This job is for people who are willing to work hard and put the time and effort into being successful.

178 Other Employee Reviews for First Investors Corporation (View Most Recent)

My Team is the Reason for my Success

Current Employee - Registered Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting your own practice is a monstrosity of a task, without a proper support team and sheer determination to succeed. Since my inception with First Investors, I have seen my fair share of challenges, but it is from those challenges that which builds character and establishes a point of reference to which I can learn from. From senior associates to the leadership team, everyone has lent a hand in providing encouragement, guidance, knowledge, and their own experiences at every stage of thier career. It is those experiences to which you cannot read about in any form of literature, nor see in any movie/documentary that links us all and creates a comraderie that no other company can emulate.

Cons

Large time commitment, however with building any business this is essential to a successful practice. Studying for exams, except their is no way around this.

More of a facilitator than an employer.

I worked at First Investors Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Build your own business. It is up to you to succeed; some thrive in this environment. You have freedom to go to lunch with clients when and where you want to. The office is more of a dedicated work space than a clock in/out type of deal.

Cons

It is really rough starting out and takes a lot of work to overcome the hurdle to be successful. As an intern, I did not receive much hands-on experience and spent the majority of my time doing office work.

There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Worked for First Investors Corporation? Contribute to the Community!