First Investors Corporation

www.firstinvestors.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation

Excellent company for those who are motivated

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company offers a base salary while you're in the 9 month training program which many firms in the industry do not offer. The training program is extensive and very thorough. Representatives in the training program have at least a meeting everyday with someone in upper management. The company pays for the licensing process and provide you with the study materials to get three different licenses. The opportunities to move into management are plentiful as the company is drastically expanding nation wide, really is a great place to start a career especially if you have an interest in moving into management.

Cons

As with any commission based job, you get out of it what you put in. This job is for people who are willing to work hard and put the time and effort into being successful.

188 Other Employee Reviews for First Investors Corporation (View Most Recent)

More of a facilitator than an employer.

I worked at First Investors Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Build your own business. It is up to you to succeed; some thrive in this environment. You have freedom to go to lunch with clients when and where you want to. The office is more of a dedicated work space than a clock in/out type of deal.

Cons

It is really rough starting out and takes a lot of work to overcome the hurdle to be successful. As an intern, I did not receive much hands-on experience and spent the majority of my time doing office work.

A great career path for the highly motivated

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

First Investors’ extensive training program is what lured me to the company. To have the system in place with base pay and commissions along with my overhead expenses being paid for was a huge head start for me to help get my career started and something I couldn’t find at other companies. The office atmosphere is another positive for the office. It has a family feel, and there is always someone at the office willing to lend a helping hand.

Cons

This position isn’t for everyone. It takes a person who is not only extremely dedicated but also highly passionate about the position and the work that goes into being a successful representative. There is a learning curve that is different for everyone depending on their quick actions and implementation.

I feel that the marketing for the company could take a more aggressive approach in order to create more brand recognition with the public.

There are newer employer reviews for First Investors Corporation