First Midwest Bancorp
www.firstmidwest.com Itasca, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Place to work

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
Highland, IN

I have been working at First Midwest Bancorp

ProsI enjoy working for First Midwest Bank because there are many opportunities to grow. For example, they offer many training classes through their "university" in which you can improve skills on products, sales, and even communication at no cost. Furthermore, there are opportunities to move up the corporate ladder here and I have always been encourage my management to continue to grow.

ConsOne of the downsides I would say is compensation. I think the pay is lower than some other banks but compensation for sales goals and health benefits make up for the factor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and I would hope you will continue to expand and grow because I would like to see more exposure of First Midwest Bank. I think one of problems is people are not aware of who we are and what we represent as a bank. I think through increasing marketing and expansion First Midwest Bank can continue to be a community bank for more individuals.

Ok place to work, not the best, but not the worst either.

Banker (Former Employee)
Joliet, IL

I worked at First Midwest Bancorp

Pros: Feedback is given on a regular basis in a set… Cons: They hire outside employees and pay them more than employees who have been there for… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management should work to eliminate the cliques present. More

Terrible work atmosphere, but good pay and benefits - pick what's most important for you and decide

Teller (Former Employee)
Aurora, IL

I worked at First Midwest Bancorp

Pros: Great Benefits - a lot of vacation from the first day… Cons: Very bad mid management. Something is very wrong with those people. Disrespectful and unable to motivate employees. As a result, there is huge turnover, despite… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to better control that mid management and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on First Midwest Bancorp.

Worked for First Midwest Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Midwest Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Midwest Bancorp CEO Michael L. Scudder. All reviews posted anonymously by First Midwest Bancorp employees.