First Midwest Bancorp
www.firstmidwest.com Itasca, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not the worst place to work, but not the best either

Position Within the Corporate Office (Current Employee)
Itasca, IL

ProsWorkplace flexibility is something that many take advantage of, depending on the position (i.e. telecommuting, flexible hours). Benefits (i.e. Health/dental/vision) are available to both FT and PT employees. Option to buy/sell vacation.

ConsBenefits are expensive compared to other comparable companies, especially for PT employees. Paid holidays are the bare minimum (6/year). Pay is lower than similar banks in the area. 401K matching is not very generous. Vacation time does not roll over year to year. Opportunities for advancement are not readily available if working within the Operations sector.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the 401K match amount to promote more participation and attract employees to save more. Offer more paid holidays. Open more branches/offices directly west of Itasca (in DuPage/Kane counties).

Good Place to work

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Highland, IN

I have been working at First Midwest Bancorp

Pros: I enjoy working for First Midwest Bank because there are many opportunities to grow. For example, they offer many training classes through their "university" in… Cons: One of the downsides I would say is compensation. I think the pay is lower than… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work and I would hope you will continue to expand and grow because I would like to see more exposure of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Ok place to work, not the best, but not the worst either.

Banker (Former Employee)
    Joliet, IL

I worked at First Midwest Bancorp

Pros: Feedback is given on a regular basis in a set… Cons: They hire outside employees and pay them more than employees who have been there for… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management should work to eliminate the cliques present. More
There are newer reviews on First Midwest Bancorp.

Worked for First Midwest Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Midwest Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Midwest Bancorp CEO Michael L. Scudder. All reviews posted anonymously by First Midwest Bancorp employees.