First Niagara Financial

www.firstniagara.com
There are newer employer reviews for First Niagara Financial

The company is a good company as long as you have the right management which I didn't.

Former Employee - Deposit Operation Generalist in Lockport, NY
Former Employee - Deposit Operation Generalist in Lockport, NY

I worked at First Niagara Financial

Pros

They allow you to balance your work with your daily live, have a great benefit package, provide overtime at the time of merger which means extra money in our pockets.

Cons

Sometimes the work load is too little for everyone to go thru the day, however when someone quits or gets fired they take a long time to get replaces and one time from 7 in a department we went down to 3 & the work load increased excessively as you may immagine, however they did nothing to hire someone to help.

It is important to treat everyone equally, even when you have differences with one or two employees, because it is greatly noticeable.

53 Other Employee Reviews for First Niagara Financial (View Most Recent)

It was okay.

Former Employee - Teller in Downingtown, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Downingtown, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial

Pros

Helps you learn about banking.

Cons

Customer service is a big part of the job.

Longer hours, open later than 5pm.

If you like tele-marketing and high pressure sales, this is a place for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial

Pros

They do have decent benefits at a good price! 401K Match, Health Insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, 1 week sporadic time, floating Holidays, all federal holidays closed.

Cons

The company has really bad products to sell, which make the job hard! They have you cold calling non-stop as well as putting people into products that really they really don't need. The pressure for numbers is high.... QUANTITY OVER QUALITY!

Praise your employees! There is little to no recognition for good work.... and even if you do have a good day on Monday, they are on your case again about numbers on Tuesday. It's all about NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS!

There are newer employer reviews for First Niagara Financial