First Niagara Financial
www.fnfg.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

The company is a good company as long as you have the right management which I didn't.

Deposit Operation Generalist (Former Employee)
Lockport, NY

I worked at First Niagara Financial

ProsThey allow you to balance your work with your daily live, have a great benefit package, provide overtime at the time of merger which means extra money in our pockets.

ConsSometimes the work load is too little for everyone to go thru the day, however when someone quits or gets fired they take a long time to get replaces and one time from 7 in a department we went down to 3 & the work load increased excessively as you may immagine, however they did nothing to hire someone to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is important to treat everyone equally, even when you have differences with one or two employees, because it is greatly noticeable.

If you like tele-marketing and high pressure sales, this is a place for you.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial

Pros: They do have decent benefits at a good price! 401K Match, Health Insurance,… Cons: The company has really bad products to sell, which make the job hard! They have you cold calling non-stop as… Advice to Senior Management: Praise your employees! There is little to no recognition for good work.... and even if you do have a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

First Niagara Bank

Bank Teller (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial

Pros: good entry-level position to obtain basic experience Cons: Hard to take advantage of training offered due to the immediate supervisor's lack of support Lack of support in setting/achieving career goals Lack of… Advice to Senior Management: make a greater effort to listen to front-line employes and address their concerns assist in professional development… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on First Niagara Financial.

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Niagara Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Niagara Financial CEO John R. Koelmel. All reviews posted anonymously by First Niagara Financial employees.