First Niagara Financial
www.fnfg.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

Disappointing , no room for advancement

Relationship Banker (Former Employee)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 8 years

ProsConvenient locations, very nice coworkers.

ConsDoes not promote from within, raises are very small, sales pressure is ever increasing and the company is trying to force everyone in retail to work harder to finance their acquisitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the people that built the company. Not everyone from outside is better than whom you already have working there. Re interview your current staff, they have a lot to offer.

Movement in Management causing Negative Changes

Financial Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Salary! I enjoyed working with people who had been in the… Cons: Constant movements in management caused negativity with employees and unwelcome changes. The overall atmosphere of the job… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to changes, peoples entire lives are affected by these changes.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

So so.

I have been working at First Niagara Financial

Pros: Good people to work with. Lunch is often provided at no… Cons: Difficult to move up or even laterally. Some lazy people have… Advice to Senior Management: Look to some of the youner employees during expansion. Some of the… More

There are newer reviews on First Niagara Financial.

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Niagara Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Niagara Financial CEO John R. Koelmel. All reviews posted anonymously by First Niagara Financial employees.