First Niagara Financial

It's ok

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phila, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phila, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team environment and culture

Cons

Unorganize and the training is sub par

Pay attention

46 Other Employee Reviews for First Niagara Financial (View Most Recent)

Could Be Worse, Could Be a Lot Better

Current Employee - No Thanks  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - No Thanks in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It seems that most individuals have good intentions, provide good customer service and care about the company. There appears to be a strong business plan and an emphasis from Senior Management on carrying that plan through. The company is ambitious and all the acquisitions seem to have worked out.

Cons

The "happy" culture they promote is fake. They overwork and undervalue employees. The environment is cutthroat. All the acquisitions brought in too many different groups of people and nobody has direction except for where they used to work.
    Many mid-level managers are power hungry and have no problem throwing an employee under the bus in order to save themselves. Employees who give even the slightest push back receive retaliation and are outcast and made to feel bad.
    What we use in the branches works for the most part but it takes too long to get customers what they need. Even small transactions take too long and there are a lot of headaches. Equipment breaks a lot compared to where else I been.
    No appreedciation and unrealistic expectations and they keep quietly cutting jobs and we are expected to pick up the work of people who leave or are let go without bringing in more people.

They don't care. They live in a different environment than we do and don't see, or care to see, what's really going on.

Stressfull

Current Employee - Teller  in  Rockland, NY
    Current Employee - Teller in Rockland, NY

I have been working at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Jeans Day, lovely teller system, fun work environment, make your own branch signage

Cons

goals are very high and there is a lot of pressure when it comes to making them.

Stop giving unreasonable goals and get a better incentive program for the tellers

There are newer employer reviews for First Niagara Financial

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!