First Niagara Financial

There are newer employer reviews for First Niagara Financial

WPA wants out!

Former Employee - No Thanks in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - No Thanks in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The culture that is created in most branches are special and unique...for the most part and it's a job in a bad economy.

Cons

This place is falling apart at the seams. Terrible leadership and no direction. Employees are over worked as jobs have been over the past two years. Branch staff can not take a lunch b/c of staff shortages. Advancements are often given to good old boys club rather than individuals that actually work hard and deserve it. No supplies no water no marketing whatsoever no technology no customers no presence. Oh yeah...we are going double and triple your goals. Wonder why they would do that???? Nothing makes sense at First Niagara.

Respect your employees for what they do everyday in the extremely poor environment in which you have created. Most are disengaged, fed up, and over it.

53 Other Employee Reviews for First Niagara Financial (View Most Recent)

It's ok

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phila, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good team environment and culture

Cons

Unorganize and the training is sub par

Pay attention

Could Be Worse, Could Be a Lot Better

Current Employee - No Thanks in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - No Thanks in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at First Niagara Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It seems that most individuals have good intentions, provide good customer service and care about the company. There appears to be a strong business plan and an emphasis from Senior Management on carrying that plan through. The company is ambitious and all the acquisitions seem to have worked out.

Cons

The "happy" culture they promote is fake. They overwork and undervalue employees. The environment is cutthroat. All the acquisitions brought in too many different groups of people and nobody has direction except for where they used to work.
    Many mid-level managers are power hungry and have no problem throwing an employee under the bus in order to save themselves. Employees who give even the slightest push back receive retaliation and are outcast and made to feel bad.
    What we use in the branches works for the most part but it takes too long to get customers what they need. Even small transactions take too long and there are a lot of headaches. Equipment breaks a lot compared to where else I been.
    No appreedciation and unrealistic expectations and they keep quietly cutting jobs and we are expected to pick up the work of people who leave or are let go without bringing in more people.

They don't care. They live in a different environment than we do and don't see, or care to see, what's really going on.

There are newer employer reviews for First Niagara Financial