First Niagara Financial

There are newer employer reviews for First Niagara Financial

LOTS of responsibilites

Former Employee - Teller
Former Employee - Teller

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get lots of free stuff. Blankets, key chains, pens, etc.

Cons

You have more than one job to do and getting referrals means everything in the company. They have also been laying off people randomly and demoting some as well.

Lower the teller referrals

51 Other Employee Reviews for First Niagara Financial (View Most Recent)

Why can't I give this company zero stars? horrible pay and treatment of employees

Former Employee - Teller and Notary in Huntingdon Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Teller and Notary in Huntingdon Valley, PA

I worked at First Niagara Financial part-time (less than an year)

Pros

No pros but i guess there are worse jobs. Good part time job if you don't need to work

Cons

At FNFG they expect their employees to bend over backwards for the company as far as scheduling is concerned; however trying to call out due to an illness or providing less than two weeks notice for any time off is met with retaliation. I missed three days of work over the summer due to a medical procedure and two sick days. Due to this "pattern" of missing work (disregarding 11 months of working whatever hours asked and never calling out) I was informed that I was no longer in consideration for promotion from part time to full time. The pay at first niagara for a teller is not enough to support a single individual, especially if you need benefits. The pay for a teller is around 400 per week (assuming you are given 40 hours) the benefits cost 135 a week. Leaving about 900 a month before taxes for housing, food, and transportation. I was hired as a 35 hour per week part time employee and was reduced to 25 hours per week later with no notice. Luckily I was able to find another job and leave. First Niagara constantly changes their account requirements and fees while hiding notices to customers in small print on statements, leaving their tellers to explain the policy changes and new charges. the amount of responsibility and salesmanship that is expected at fnfg they grossly undervalue their employees. I would not recommend this company for a relationship for anyone as an employee or as a customer.

Pay your employees a livable wage and stop lying to prospective employees about how many hours they will be scheduled each week.

Needs Improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

I have been working at First Niagara Financial as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Small enough not become utterly capricious and random, like Bank of America. Also small enough to still be somewhat responsive to reality on the ground.

Cons

Middle management ranks are becoming like all others in the banking industry; that is, simple power players and not problem solvers and protectors of assets.

When you import management talent from other banks, understand that you are also importing some of the worst aspects of American banking culture. STUDY the science of what makes for good managers, and you have to WORK HARDER to keep your sense of "great culture" that you are in jeopardy of losing as we speak.

There are newer employer reviews for First Niagara Financial