First Niagara Financial
www.firstniagara.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

Does not promote within.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

ProsThe company has acceptable benefits and holidays, bonus and yearly merit.

ConsCompany does not seem to promote within or try to develop employees along the way so they will a chance pursue their career goals and be more satisfy with what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should value its employees and use good talents. Promote continous internal development in functional as well as leadership training. This will give employees a sense of satisfaction in their jobs, a loyalty to work for the company, and a proud attitude in representing the company to promote the company's products and services to their clients. This will make make to employ work harder as this is the job they love.

Leadership catastrophe

(Former Employee)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great logo colors; decent PTO; community involvement Cons: Weak Leadership; Weak Organizational Development and HR departments; extremely political environment; little accountability; no infrastructure (although they are spending some major $$… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize that the organization can only progress to the level of the leader--the organization has been set up to become a case study for learning… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The company has merged with too many Banks in a short period of time, and needs to get a handle on the processes work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people to work with Cons: Upper management should be more organized with processes Advice to Senior Management: Better organization and communication to all levels of company No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on First Niagara Financial.

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Niagara Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Niagara Financial CEO John R. Koelmel. All reviews posted anonymously by First Niagara Financial employees.