There are newer employer reviews for First Republic (CA)

No room to grow

I worked at First Republic (CA) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent exec. management, compensation plan is generous, smart people, flat management, strong sales and service culture.

Cons

The management is so flat that top producers are promoted to management jobs who have no training or insight on how to motivate employees. Can't really tell the truth to anyone about observations since no one really wants to hear it - tend to react with fear and panic which is pushed down. Management assumes comp. plan is the only thing that keeps people happy.

Invest in experienced managers who are rewarded for growth of the area they manage as opposed to being focused on their own business.

81 Other Employee Reviews for First Republic (CA) (View Most Recent)

Great place to work during good times.

I worked at First Republic (CA)

Pros

Amazing compensation program, fabulous colleagues, and strong bank, financially.

Cons

Little to no support during difficult times. Heartless management style.

Carry employees thru the difficult times instead of laying off too quickly.

Some nice people, but management is very reactionary, prone to panic, or nonexistent

Former Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at First Republic (CA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people working there overall tend to be nice and capable. I saw very little dead weight. The gender, racial, and age diversity are also all very good.

Cons

There's definitely a split between management and line workers. I have also never heard of anyone being promoted to a management position. I saw very talented people leave for better opportunities. You are only visible when someone has panicked. Otherwise, everyone tends to shrug off meetings and emails.

Manage. Your workers need leadership and management. They do not need to be completely ignored. That is not helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for First Republic (CA)