There are newer employer reviews for First Republic (CA)

Short and unchanged career path.

I worked at First Republic (CA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you like parties and drinking ... there is a lot going on.

Cons

Had a very manipulative and emotionally abusive boss. My boss would say anything and do anything stay in the company, 12+ years.

Manipulative co-workers who would turn senior manager against high skillful employees. When director is gone on vacation a co-worker and my boss cornered me in with screaming and fusing at me, because a project that was assigned to me.

One time a manager said this out load, "I wonder what it is like being black". Then another co-worker made a joke about chocolate people. Some people at First Republic Bank can be racist and not care.

Another co-worker made it a point to hit me in the halls with their cart.

Be willing to leave the company if do not like there. Everyone knows you do not like there.

68 Other Employee Reviews for First Republic (CA) (View Most Recent)

Feels like stepping back into the eighties, but good prospects and benefits for staff

I have been working at First Republic (CA) as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, aggressive, well-funded growth strategy, opportunities for advancement, stable employer, excellent benefits.

Cons

Strange organizational structure - organizational units very independent of each other, which sounds cool but means systems fragmentation and repetition. Somewhat Balkanized. Feels like it needs some fresh blood and modernization. Senior management team fundamentally unchanged for 25+ years.

FRC

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY

I have been working at First Republic (CA) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team, Senior Management, Great Locations, Excellent Client Base, Pay Structure, Expansion of the operations on the East Coast.

Cons

Not as technologically advanced as it should have been.

Hire more people

There are newer employer reviews for First Republic (CA)

Worked for First Republic (CA)? Contribute to the Community!