There are newer employer reviews for First Republic (CA)

FRB is a great place to work if you are complacent, but...

Current Employee - Analyst/Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Analyst/Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at First Republic (CA) as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for 3 departments at the bank and I've been lucky to have very laidback, supportive managers -- however, not everyone at the bank has a great manager. Other pros include:

- Eagles Cafe
- If you like to drink and party, you'll love it here
- Compensation in some departments are generous (other departments are underpaid)
- Flexible work schedule -- again, only in some departments
- Strong customer service
- Great marketing

FRB is a great place to work if you are complacent - but for highly motivated individuals who want upward mobility, there are better opportunities.

Cons

- Stagnant jobs, unchanged career path, little room for growth
- Not many well rounded employees -- maybe not in all departments
- The work is not stimulating, a lot of data entry or work that requires little/no thought
- Office politics and mediocre employees
- People are quick to throw you under the bus
- Lack/absent of knowledge, management, and leadership skills from Senior Management
- Poor organization structure and no processes in place
- OT may get rejected
- Gossip and drama

hire better managers and executives, develop young employees, and encourage feedback from your team

72 Other Employee Reviews for First Republic (CA) (View Most Recent)

Short and unchanged career path.

I worked at First Republic (CA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you like parties and drinking ... there is a lot going on.

Cons

Had a very manipulative and emotionally abusive boss. My boss would say anything and do anything stay in the company, 12+ years.

Manipulative co-workers who would turn senior manager against high skillful employees. When director is gone on vacation a co-worker and my boss cornered me in with screaming and fusing at me, because a project that was assigned to me.

One time a manager said this out load, "I wonder what it is like being black". Then another co-worker made a joke about chocolate people. Some people at First Republic Bank can be racist and not care.

Another co-worker made it a point to hit me in the halls with their cart.

Be willing to leave the company if do not like there. Everyone knows you do not like there.

Feels like stepping back into the eighties, but good prospects and benefits for staff

I have been working at First Republic (CA) as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, aggressive, well-funded growth strategy, opportunities for advancement, stable employer, excellent benefits.

Cons

Strange organizational structure - organizational units very independent of each other, which sounds cool but means systems fragmentation and repetition. Somewhat Balkanized. Feels like it needs some fresh blood and modernization. Senior management team fundamentally unchanged for 25+ years.

There are newer employer reviews for First Republic (CA)

Worked for First Republic (CA)? Contribute to the Community!