First Republic (CA)

www.firstrepublic.com

Poor management, bad processes, lack of collaboration, few opportunities and awful communication.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe compensation is "okay". It's not at the bottom but definitely not at the top. Especially since this bank produces more revenue per employee than most other firms.

If you work at a corporate office, you have the advantage of goingto eagle cafe. You can get a solid breakfast and lunch for a fairly cheap price (especially in SF).

Some of the people here are fun to work with it.

ConsI will admit, when I first started at FRB I was so excited because I had always wanted to work here, that it casted a huge shade over all that was wrong with the workplace. I was told we were in transition and working towards the better so the environment would be less toxic. 3 years later, guess what? I still get that exact same message.

Before I started here, even one of my trusted recruiters told me to reconsider. There is a high turnover rate, which is also a bad sign. There are rutheless management practices. I've seen people get fired for consistantly meeting all expectations.

More than anything, is the quote that I and a few of my colleagues received from our VP in a skip level meeting,

"I have no intention of doing any internal promotions. If we have hire level positions open, we'll just hire experienced staff to come in. If you want a hire position, you'll move on to another company. That's just corporate culture."

Advice to Senior ManagementI honestly don't have any advice to management. I'm not sure on how to fix a toxic environment outside of making changes to management.

FRB is a great place to work if you are complacent, but...

Analyst/Associate (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at First Republic (CA) as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: I have worked for 3 departments at the bank and I've been lucky to have very laidback, supportive managers -- however, not everyone at the… Cons: - Stagnant jobs, unchanged career path, little room for growth - Not many well rounded employees -- maybe not in all departments - The work is not… Advice to Senior Management: hire better managers and executives, develop young employees, and encourage… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Short and unchanged career path.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at First Republic (CA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you like parties and drinking ... there is a… Cons: Had a very manipulative and emotionally abusive boss. My boss would say anything and do anything stay in the company, 12+ years. Manipulative… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to leave the company if do not like… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on First Republic (CA).

Worked for First Republic (CA)? Contribute to the Community!