There are newer employer reviews for First Republic (CA)

A look back from a former analyst

Former Employee - Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at First Republic (CA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on your department, you could find nice people spread throughout. The Eagle Cafe was an affordable lunch.

Cons

-It may be the nature of financial institutions, but I always got the impression that you could get stabbed in the back or thrown under the bus by many, many sources in the company. -Serious separation of management from worker bees. You didn't know what was going to happen until it was happening. -Relentless demands with few resources and severely outdated technology. -Demands. Fire drills.

Advice to Management

Manage. Don't lock yourself away behind office doors and expect the ship to run smoothly without leadership

Other Employee Reviews for First Republic (CA)

Not what I signed up for.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at First Republic (CA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

get deals done quick. however you really need to work with the senior credit team, they are tough to crack and work with, it takes over 3 years to get in their "group"... and its never guaranteed to work.

Cons

its like working for the Italian mob youre either a made man or your a sitting duck ready to get whacked. They promise you the world but they never deliver on it.

Advice to Management

support the people that help you thrive, don't forget about who keeps you on the top of the food chain.

Not what I was led to believe

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at First Republic (CA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location (if you're in SF), excellent customer service levels

Cons

Employees are not treated as well as the customers are, too many politics, egos, and micromanagement. I was sold a very different experience than I found to be true once I started working here. Some of the things I was told were true (like how they treat customers and that client service is paramount), but there's more red tape, politicking, egomaniacs, and gossiping behind the scenes. My immediate team is great, but after some of the stuff I've seen, I don't trust anyone else at the bank. They say they're a "flat organization" but that's not really true - there's still a class system in the ranks. This has only gotten worse as the company has grown. When all is said and done, it's still a bank. Better than BofA or Wells, but maybe a bank is a bank.

Advice to Management

Please try to ferret out where things are not being done in accordance with how you preach for things to be done and people to be treated. Have more skip-levels and invite honesty with anonymity.